Planner / Scheduler
Employment Type: Full-Time
Req ID: 68023
As our customers look for opportunity in a world of rapid change and technology disruption, they trust Celestica to deliver the most advanced design, engineering and manufacturing expertise for their highly sophisticated and complex electronics and related products. At Celestica, you have the opportunity to shape your career among an inclusive, diverse group of experienced employees and talented newcomers working around the globe.
The Planner/Scheduler position at Celestica, Fremont will support manufacturing by monitoring and managing inventories, sales, and production levels to plan for materials needed to meet production demand. This position will also be backup to the Scheduler and assist scheduling production as needed.
* Plans and schedules timely material required for customer forecasts.
* Determines material requirements from engineering and production schedules and coordinate the efficient movement of materials throughout the production cycle.
* Reviews requisitions, contacts vendors, examines bids and initiates contracts.
* Initiates purchases driven through MRP process.
* Assesses when to execute and what order to place based on other factors.
* Pushes or cancels orders per production plans.
* Reviews forecasted requirements and purchases materials in accordance with that forecast. Ensures materials are available to meet manufacturing build requirements.
* Matches material infeed and inventory turnover so as not to hold too high a percentage of inventory at any time.
* Investigates and resolves issues with invoices or suppliers.
* Works with internal customers to address, return and receive credit for defective materials.
* Acts as a customer liaison with new product introduction.
* Introduces the new product through manufacturing to shipping per customer requirements.
* Attends weekly change meetings with the customer.
* Reviews and submits new costs associated with the change or the introduction of new requirements.
* Determines cut in of new design changes.
* Interfaces with customer's engineering staff.
* Works with inventory control at end of product life. Writes procedures and documentation and trains and mentors new and less experienced purchasing employees.
* Extensive knowledge of procurement processes, inventory management and supplier management.
* Knowledge of a manufacturing environment, the types of materials being purchased by the department, and the engineering change process.
* Knowledge of basic computer applications and the ability to learn and use multiple applications specific to this department. Skills in an ERP, WMS, and MS Excel, Word, PPT.
* Good negotiation and problem resolution skills.
* Ability to plan strategically for the coordinated delivery of a variety of materials.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy and working under tight time deadlines.
* Ability to evaluate, prioritize and problem solve a variety of tasks to ensure their timely and accurate completion.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
* 3+ years of relevant work experience in a Planning position in a manufacturing environment.
* Semiconductor industry experience preferred
* SAP experience a plus
Bachelor's degree in related field preferred, or consideration of an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Duties of this position are performed in a normal office environment.
* Duties may require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data.
* Repetitive manual movements (e.g., data entry, using a computer mouse, using a calculator, etc.) are frequently required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Celestica's policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran or disability status, or other characteristics protected by law.
This policy applies to hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral and other aspects of employment and also states that retaliation against a person who files a charge of discrimination, participates in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposes an unlawful employment practice will not be tolerated. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, Supply Chain Manager, Scheduler, Procurement, Engineering, Technology, Operations, Administrative