Employment Type: Full-Time
Req ID: 68024
At Celestica, you have the opportunity to shape your career among an inclusive, diverse group of experienced employees and talented newcomers working around the globe; aspire towards your personal best in a flexible, equal, supportive, socially responsible environment designed to encourage self-growth; and showcase your brand of creativity,
commitment, intelligence and passion.
As a Master Scheduler at Celestica you would oversee the master scheduling process for all customers at the site; provides leadership for daily production control, production readiness decisions, interface across business departments and with customers to compile, develop, validate, and communicate production/shipments plans that support overall business goals.
* Acts as a contact for the customer as it relates to the demand forecast.
* Works with Global Customer Units and/or SCM Management to finalize demand plan used by the site.
* Analyzes customer forecasts using available tools and models utilizing analysis to challenge or confirm.
* Provides analysis to the site as input to site material and capacity planning.
* Interlocks with Global unit management to close demand plan to be used by the site including re-balancing and offloads.
* Participates in the development of the global planning toolset, specifically, advanced planning and scheduling systems.
* Utilizes advanced planning toolsets, such as SAP and Spectrum Pro, and knowledge of the customer contract to support forecasting activities i.e. churn analysis or contract compliance.
* Provides direction/ guidance to site SCM Operations teams on forecast loads for the Master Production Schedule.
* Complete Monthly, Quarterly & Yearly Closing / Planning reports.
* Develop and optimize manufacturing work schedules.
* Recommend equipment, material and manpower requirements to meet production schedule
* Broad knowledge of an electronic manufacturing environment, materials and processes.
* Knowledge of a typical global supply chain including strategies and objectives.
* Software proficiency in an ERP and Excel
* Excellent knowledge of advanced planning systems and techniques
* Excellent analytical, negotiation and problem resolution skills
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy and working under tight time deadlines.
* Ability to plan strategically for the coordinated delivery of a variety of materials.
* 3-5+ years relevant experience as a Master Scheduler
* ERP system expertise required; SAP preferred
* Strong MS Excel skills required
* Manufacturing experience required
* Bachelor's degree in related field preferred, or consideration of an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* APICS cert a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Celestica's policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran or disability status, or other characteristics protected by law.
This policy applies to hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral and other aspects of employment and also states that retaliation against a person who files a charge of discrimination, participates in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposes an unlawful employment practice will not be tolerated. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: ERP, Scheduler, Supply, SAP, Supply Chain Manager, Technology, Administrative, Operations