Research Associate II - Martins Lab - Bioinformatics & Functional Genomics
Employment Type: Full-Time
Share Requisition # HRC0304278D
Under the direction of Gislaine Martins, PhD, the Martins Laboratory focuses on the molecular regulation of immune responses, particularly the mechanisms regulating T lymphocyte function. To learn more, visit https://www.cedars-sinai.org/research/labs/martins.html.
Working under direct supervision, the Research Associate II performs routine and increasingly complex laboratory tasks and procedures and develops technical expertise in one or more areas relevant to research projects. The Research Associate II will participate in research activities involving all aspects of the research process, to include, but not limited to; investigation, technical, testing/validation of results, and report findings. The Associate will perform a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of laboratory research projects. The Associate will observe and comply with safety standards and procedures, assist in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings, and assist in general laboratory maintenance. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs a variety of increasingly complex experimental protocols and procedures and assist in the design of new complex or unusual protocols and techniques.
* Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results and assist in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected results.
* Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations.
* Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate use of lab equipment.
* Assists in the operation of specialized equipment, as required by the area of research.
* Assists in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings.
* Observes and complies with safety standards and procedures.
* Orients research laboratory assistants or lower level research associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-to-day lab operations and routine procedures.
* Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree in biological sciences
Experience and Skillet:
* Minimum of two (2) years of laboratory experience.
* Understanding of general research objectives.
* Familiar with routine laboratory procedures, experimental protocols, and overall lab organization.
* Highly motivated and able to work independently.
* Superior interpersonal, communication and organization skills and the ability to work across company disciplines and functional units, and computer application experience.
* Must possess computer skills to include, but not limited to, Excel and Word.
* Ability to simultaneously manage multiple clerical trials with strong attention to details.
* Working Title: Research Associate II - Martins Lab - Bioinformatics & Functional Genomics
* Department: BMS - Bioinfo & Func Genomics
* Business Entity: Academic / Research
* City: Los Angeles
* Job Category: Academic/Research
* Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
* Position Type: Full-time
* Shift Length: 8 hour shift
* Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.