Research Associate I - Golden Lab
Employment Type: Full-Time
Share Requisition # HRC0649777
Trying to determine what to do after college isn't easy, especially when you want to make a difference. At Cedars-Sinai, we make a difference in peoples lives every single day. One out of three people in the United States will develop cancer in their lifetime, and our drug discovery laboratories want to change that. As a Research Associate I (RA I), no impact is more meaningful than the one you'll have in our laboratories.
What you will be doing:
Working under direct supervision, the RA I will perform experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of one or more laboratory research projects in a specific area of research. Assists in general laboratory activities, including maintenance of reagents and stocking of supplies. Files and monitors documents. Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results. The RA I will be able to perform routine cellular, micro- and molecular biology procedures including, but not limited to Western, Northern blot, DNA/RNA, PCR, protein extraction, cell culture, Immunohistochemistry, and staining. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Department Job Responsibilities:
* Under general supervision, maintains a moderately complex mouse colony for the laboratory with responsibility for proper care, inventory, breeding, genotyping, and weaning.
* Conducts routine tasks including processing mouse brain tissue for live-cell or histologic examination and conducting subsequent immunohistochemical and molecular analyses. Perform procedures such as DNA extraction, conventional PCR and real time PCR, western blotting, general cell culture, mouse ES cell culture and image analysis.
* Using aseptic technique, maintains tissue cultures and manipulates cell lines in a variety of experimental conditions including live-cell microscopy/imaging.
* Analyzes data using advanced statistical techniques and image analysis tools, assists with data preparation toward manuscript publication and grant applications.
* Discusses progress of work regularly with the supervisor.
* Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree in biological sciences.
* 1 year Research Laboratory Experience
* Working knowledge of database management, personal computers, and presentation and imaging software.
* Sound interpersonal skills. Ability to constructively interact with members of a research team to pursue scientific goals is a necessity.
* Familiar with routine laboratory procedures and experimental protocols.
* High degree of computer literacy.
* Willingness and ability to work with lab animals (mice)
* Fine motor skills, sense of touch, ability to speak, hear, taste, and smell.
* Must possess computer skills to include, but not limited to, Excel and Word.
* Experience with lab animals
* Working Title: Research Associate I - Golden Lab
* Department: Pathology Group Operations
* Business Entity: Academic / Research
* City: Los Angeles
* Job Category: Academic/Research
* Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
* Position Type: Full-time
* Shift Length: 8 hour shift
* Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.