Program Administrator Research Programs
Employment Type: Full-Time
Share Requisition # HRC0665596
The Cedars-Sinai Cancer (CSC) Program Administrator is the primary point person for assigned CSC research program(s) and related initiatives, and is the liaison between the research program(s) and departments or research groups. The individual will work with the research program leaders, program members, CSC leadership, CSC committees and external advisory board members to build and develop research program(s), as well as administer the planning and evaluation efforts of the program(s), and the implementation of programmatic initiatives.
This role assists in administrative functions for NCI designation and the CSC Research Administration Office. Provides support in the pre-and post-award administrative functions for NCI designation proposals and research program proposals, including but not limited to preparing, processing and routing internal documents for signature, and processing research-related financial reporting. Applies a detailed knowledge of the areas of assigned responsibility, and a general knowledge of the institute functions and its interrelation with the larger Health System organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* In collaboration with Principal Investigators and senior laboratory staff, position may be responsible for facilitation of business processes, project and/or program management, on-going monitoring of compliance with CSMC and research institute requirements, and/or budgetary and fiscal management of research programs within assigned area.
* Connects project or program objectives to broader organizational goals. Understands project or program scope and specifications. Takes responsibility for assisting with different aspects of project or program execution (including managing logistics, establishing timelines, analyzing and reporting on performance metrics, monitoring deliverables, producing program materials, etc.).
* Demonstrates knowledge of the project or program coordination including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and closing processes. Monitors project or program performance and recommends changes to scope, schedule and cost management in order to align with business goals.
* Serves as a resource to stakeholders and team members to ensure successful project or program outcomes; may also provide training and/or education.
* May work in close collaboration with Directors, Managers, and Principal Investigators on budgetary and fiscal management for all Programs within assigned area, including creating and maintaining budgets for research programs.
* May work with Principal Investigator to complete and submit federal and non-federal grants, including contributing content to standard sections of grant applications.
* May work as the liaison between department or research group and sponsored research funds administration, accounting, and finance departments.
* May perform all Pre and Post grant award administrative functions.
* Collaborates with others and builds strategic alliances globally; works to build broad-based support in order to influence important outcomes and gain collective buy-in.
* Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals; recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models and suggests solutions to immediate and long-term challenges.
* Serves as a liaison for Research Director and manager to SRFA, HR, PI or other work units.
* Develops and implements procedures for office management and compliance with CSMC administrative regulations and requirements.
* High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelors degree preferred
* Three (3) years of Office and Administrative experience required
* Working Title: Program Administrator Research Programs
* Department: Cancer Institute
* Business Entity: Academic / Research
* City: West Hollywood
* Job Category: Administrative
* Job Specialty: Administrative
* Position Type: Full-time
* Shift Length: 8 hour shift
* Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.