Per Diem Registered Nurse II - Outpatient Endoscopy Clinic
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Success Profile
* Career Path
Make a difference in Nursing at Cedars-Sinai. Use your compassion, expertise and dedication in work that truly matters - improving the lives of our patients in their most vulnerable times. As a Nurse at Cedars-Sinai you'll work alongside some of the most talented staff in the industry and be exposed to innovative research and technology. Nurses at Cedars-Sinai are expected to be among the best in the industry and are given support to do something incredible - for yourself and for others.
* Full-time & Per-Diem
* Level: Mid - Senior
* Travel: Minimal (if any)
* Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes a successful RN at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
* Good Listener
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
We offer many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
* New-Graduate Nurse (Registered Nurse I) leads to Licensed Practical Nurse.
* Registered Nurse II leads to Registered Nurse
* Registered Nurse III ends this path
* Registered Nurse IV ends this path
Back to Job Navigation (Career Path)
Requisition # HRC0551393
Are you ready to bring your clinical competencies to a world-class Medical Group known for the very highest clinical standards? Do you have a passion for the highest quality and patient satisfaction? Then please respond to this dynamic opportunity available with one of the best places to work in Southern California! We would be happy to hear from you.
The Cedars-Sinai Medical Network is committed to helping primary care and specialist physicians provide excellent care to all their patients, who benefit from convenient access to primary and specialty care physicians and seamless coordination of care between them. As a part of Cedars-Sinai, our physicians and staff are partners in quality health care from a medical center that is consistently recognized as one of the finest hospitals in the country. For the 8th consecutive year, we have been named one of the top 20 Physician Groups in Southern California by Integrated Healthcare Associates (IHA).
Summary of Essential Duties:
* Clinical RN in outpatient Endoscopy clinic for Pre-Op, PACU and procedures
* Assesses, evaluates and accurately records patient's pre-procedure and post-anesthesia status and provides supportive care during the post-procedure phase
* Maintains accurate and complete nursing records
* Investigates and intervenes when problems or complications arise, and communicates appropriate information to co-workers and charge nurse and documents same
* Initiates emergency measures as indicated.
* Administers medications in accordance with physicians' orders
* Accountable for administration of drugs, IV procedures and other therapeutic measures in a safe and accurate manner
* Provides a safe environment for the patient to prevent potential injury
* Anticipates and assists with maintaining adequate inventory of supplies and medications
* Responsible for implementing recovery room and discharge orders, providing post-discharge teaching, reviewing home care instructions, and documentation patient's and caregiver's understanding
* Provides guidance and mentoring to orienting staff members
* Consults with charge nurse, physician and anesthesiologist when appropriate
* Assists in maintaining an up-to-date, functional emergency cart
* Seeks educational opportunities and accepts responsibility for personal professional growth and development
* Actively participates in in-service opportunities and staff meetings.
* Willingly accepts direction from the Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse and physicians and adheres to established protocols
* Ensures medical records are complete prior to commencement of procedure and prior to patient discharge
* Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
* BSN Preferred
* Current, unrestricted California RN license required
* ACLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required
* A minimum of 1 year of acute care nursing experience required
* Experience in gastroenterology practice or endoscopy center or unit preferred
Keywords: Per Diem, Per-Diem, RN, Registered Nurse, Outpatient, Endoscopy, Procedure, PACU, Pre-Op, Healthcare, Clinic, Los Angeles, CA, California
* Working Title: Per Diem Registered Nurse II - Outpatient Endoscopy Clinic
* Department: CS Endoscopy
* Business Entity: Medical Network Foundation
* City: Beverly Hills
* Job Category: Nursing
* Job Specialty: Nursing
* Position Type: Per Diem
* Shift Length: 8 hour shift
* Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.