Manager, Epic HIM
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Success Profile
* Related Content
* Job Alerts
Here at Cedars-Sinai, our projects represent a new age in medical research and innovation, and we're proud of the progress our team continues to make. Together, we can match the right treatment to the right patient at the right time for the best possible outcomes.
* Full Time
* Level: Mid
* Travel: No
* Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes a successful IT professional at Cedars-Sinai? Check out the traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
* Digitally savvy
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
Requisition # HRC0196986
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of a clinical information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of people, processes and technologies.
Why work here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the standard of patient care we strive for.
What will you be doing in this role:
The Epic HIM Manager is responsible for configuration/support of CS-Link Epic HIM and Security modules, including: hospital coding & abstracting, deficiency tracking, release of information and Epic Identity (with related applications across the enterprise: physician management, computer assisted coding, etc). The manager will be a champion for all projects in the portfolio, lead optimization initiatives, facilitate communication with impacted stakeholders, develop resources, and manage the day-to-day activities of the team.
* Provides planning, analysis, leadership, and oversight of implementation, optimization, and support initiatives within the portfolio of applications.
* Leads the daily operations of assigned teams and is responsible for human resource activities, budgeting, recruiting, hiring, overall portfolio management, and staff supervision.
* Works jointly with project managers, application team managers, and other EIS groups to successfully implement multi-functional projects and support departmental/organizational goals.
* Develops and maintains relationships, sets expectations, and communicates with departmental customers at the supervisor, manager, and director levels, as well as with physician, nursing, and clinical partner leadership.
* Collaborates with operational stakeholders to prioritize projects and optimization initiatives.
* Establishes team's development and training needs, conducts performance appraisals, determines team goals, supports professional growth opportunities, and accountable for well-being of team members.
* Coaches, mentors and leads the team to continuously improve application, technical, and professional capabilities.
* Coordinates team alignment to established governance and departmental change control standards.
* Assesses and supervises employee happiness results and assists Senior Leadership in the execution of improvement action plans.
* Establishes standards of performance and efficiency; determines staffing needs in conjunction with the appropriate leadership.
* Assists in setting departmental strategic direction and tactical project planning. Implements short, medium, and long-range goals for the assigned area based on the goals of the organization and department in collaboration with appropriate leadership.
* Develops and manages budgets.
* Manages vendor relations, service delivery, maintenance/support contracts, and invoicing.
* 5+ years experience with application development in a complex multi-platform environment. Experience implementing and/or supporting healthcare software applications. (prefer Epic HIM)
* 2+ years direct work experience in a leadership capacity, including vendor packaged systems implementations.
* Solid grasp with OnBase scanning and/or Computer Assisted Coding software preferred.
* Experience in managing teams in sophisticated enterprise-level implementation and support of vendor-supplied software.
* Experience in managing multiple work streams.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant Business Management, Healthcare, or Computer Sciences field required.
Epic Certification in one or more modules required: Hospital Coding and Abstracting, Deficiency Tracking, Release of Information, Identity (Epic Security preferred).
* Working Title: Manager, Epic HIM
* Department: CS-Link Access Team
* Business Entity: Corporate Services
* City: Los Angeles
* Job Category: Information Technology
* Job Specialty: Software/Application Development
* Position Type: Full-time
* Shift Length: 8 hour shift
* Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.