High Risk OB / Prenatal Ultrasound Tech
Employment Type: Full-Time
Share Requisition # HRC0513046B
Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation's Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We also were awarded the Advisory Board Company's Workplace of the Year. This annual award recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. We hire team members who are committed to improving patients' lives. We provide an outstanding benefit package, along with competitive compensation. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best Hospitals.
What you will be doing in this role:
This ultrasound tech position covers one of three Prenatal Diagnosis Center outreach clinics in Tarzana or other possible outreach location. The candidate will have a regular designated site and may be required to provide back-up coverage to the other sites. Training, competencies, and orientation will require time spent at the main campus location in the Mark Goodson Building.
* Performs diagnostic ultrasound exams in the outpatient setting accurately, efficiently and effectively.
* Uses approved procedures and protocols according to standards of practice for speed, organization, precision and accuracy based upon the departments' accrediting agency and/or department guidelines for exam protocols.
* Maintains current equipment and exam competency as required
* Operates, calibrates and maintains imaging equipment and accessory instruments used in imaging procedures. Recognizes and reports defective equipment immediately and marks equipment as 'out of service.'
* Performs daily tasks such as creating orders, correcting exam visit type, charging for supplies, order medication, administration documentation of medications used by physician, and Time Out documentation.
* Participates in the introduction and implementation of new procedures/protocols and in the evaluation of new imaging equipment.
* Performs weekend and begin/end of shift duties such as forwarding the phones, updating portable assignments, cleaning and stocking rooms for the next shift, and sending out shift reports.
* Participates in performance improvement activities and other team goals.
* Answers and transfers phones, faxes, scan documents as needed.
* Adheres to department productivity standards.
* Assist physicians who are performing procedures. This may include preparing the supplies needed on a sterile field, loading the biopsy device, and ensuring that the sterile field is not contaminated. This assistance may also include holding the medication container provided by the Licensed Independent Practitioner (LIP) to enable the LIP to withdraw medication and discard the container once it is empty.
* Ensures that sharps, contrast agents, and biohazards are secure or locked.
* Appropriately documents ultrasound scans and procedures, and patient and family education if relevant.
* Previews ultrasound images and prepares preliminary reports.
* Prepares quarterly list of abnormal cases.
* Performs exams portably in MFCU and Labor and Delivery.
* Follows the high-level disinfection process for transvaginal probes and updates the HLD logbook.
* Enters charges into CS Link accurately.
* At least 1 year of experience in a high-risk OB ambulatory clinic or other healthcare environment (hospital inpatient unit) performing diagnostic ultrasounds and working with MFMs.
* BS or AS degree in a related health care category is preferable.
* Candidates must have current ARDMS registry upon hire.
* Must have a current BLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR and AED) program from the American Heart Association.
* NT certified (NTQR or FMF)
* Prefer Fetal Echo certified or willingness to become Fetal Echo certified
Why work here?
Beyond outstanding benefits, paid time off, competitive salaries and health and dental insurance. We take pride in hiring the best employees. Our amazing staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our commitment to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
* Working Title: High Risk OB / Prenatal Ultrasound Tech
* Department: Prenatal Diagnosis Ctr
* Business Entity: Service Lines & Ops
* City: Los Angeles
* Job Category: Imaging
* Job Specialty: Nuclear/Invasive
* Position Type: Full-time
* Shift Length: 8 hour shift
* Shift Type: Day
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.