Clinical Lab Scientist II - Spec Test Lab - Per Diem - Evening
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness? Would you like to use your clinical competencies with an organization known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education? We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in the medical field as your next career move.
Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars-Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation's Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We were also awarded the Advisory Board Company's Workplace of the Year. This recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best Hospitals.
Summary of Essential Job Duties:
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist II (CLS II) functions with general directions from senior technical personnel. Responsibilities include performing routine and technically complex laboratory tests and analyses requiring well developed cognitive, manipulative and problem-solving skills. The CLS II's activities include operating and maintaining test equipment, monitoring and evaluating the quality of testing, and verifying and reporting test results. Additional duties include general support functions necessary for the routine operation of the laboratory. Performs all job duties with sensitivity and attention to the age and developmental issues of the patient population(s) being served.
* Baccalaureate Degree in a biological science, chemistry, medical technology, or related science.
* Valid California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license or limited license appropriate for the area of responsibility.
* ASCP or AAB Board of Registry certification or equivalent preferred.
* One (1) year relevant clinical experience.
* Two years of Flow Cytometry experience.
* Working Title: Clinical Lab Scientist II - Spec Test Lab - Per Diem - Evening
* Department: Spec Test Lab
* Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
* City: Los Angeles
* Job Category: Family & Function, Clinical & Support Services
* Job Specialty: UNASSIGNED
* Position Type: Per Diem
* Shift Length: 8 hour shift
* Shift Type: Evening