Clinical Lab Scientist I - Spec Test Lab - FT - Day
Employment Type: Full-Time
Make a difference every single day!
At Cedars-Sinai, we're motivated by a collective spirit of innovation and the challenge to continuously improve. Above all, we share a real passion for helping others. Day after day, from department to department, our people give their all to create a community unlike any other. This is just one of the many reasons U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best Hospitals-and now we invite you to join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work - excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. From working with a team of dedicated professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have great resources to do something incredible-for yourself, and for others.
What will you be doing in this role?
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist I (CLS I) in the Special Testing Laboratory is an entry level position that functions under the direction of senior technical personnel. Responsibilities include performing routine laboratory tests and may include some technically complex assays. Performs protein electrophoresisi, EIA, IFA, coagulation, and flow cytometry testing. Responsibilities include performing routine and technically complex laboratory tests and analyses requiring well developed cognitive, manipulative and problem-solving skills. Operating and maintaining test equipment, monitoring and evaluating the quality of testing, and verifying and reporting test results. Additional duties include general support functions necessary for the routine operation of the laboratory.
* Baccalaureate degree in a Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or related science.
* Valid Clinical Laboratory Scientist license issued by the State of California.
* Zero to two years recent experience in molecular diagnostics and techniques, and/or related molecular data analysis.
* One year experience in relevant field preferred.
* Working Title: Clinical Lab Scientist I - Spec Test Lab - FT - Day
* Department: Spec Test Lab
* Business Entity: Clinical & Support Services
* City: Los Angeles
* Job Category: Pathology/Lab
* Job Specialty: Laboratory
* Position Type: Full-time
* Shift Length: 8 hour shift
* Shift Type: Day