Mid-Level Programmer - BMC Remedy - Navy SMIT
Employment Type: Full-Time
Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN) Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) is one the largest IT services program for the Navy and U.S. Marine Corps (USMC), supporting approximately 400,000 seats around the world. Under SMIT, the SMIT contractor will provide enterprise services to the Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), Navy-Marine Corps Internet (NMCI), and OCONUS Navy Enterprise Network (ONE-Net) including transport, datacenter, network operations, service desk, cybersecurity, and managed services. CDW-G will be supporting the SMIT contractor in several of these service areas. https://federal-careers.cdwjobs.com/
The Programmer develops business software solutions through object and data modeling, database design, programming, quality assurance, and implementation support.
Key Areas of Responsibility
* Work with Lead and Senior Application Developers to understand business needs and clarify requirements.
* Develop applications to CDW coding standards and quality.
* Collaborate with other developers to determine the optimal solution architecture to ensure application efficiency, maintainability, and scalability.
* Develop system test plans, ensure software quality assurance (SQA) standards are achieved, and validate that business goals are accomplished.
* Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
* Report project/task status to the appropriate Application Development Manager on a weekly basis (at minimum).
* Ensure stakeholders are responded to in a timely and professional manner. Foster open lines of communication with all parties.
* Active Secret Security Clearance
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
* 3 years Application Development experience, or 2 years CDW Application Development experience.
* 1 + years Development BMC ITSM Remedy Software modules (e.g., Incident, Problem, Change, Asset, SRM, BMC MyIT , RKM, SLM) in version 8.1 or greater
* Experience with Microsoft Windows Server, HTML, Web Services, Microsoft IIS, Apache Tomcat, Oracle/SQL, JAVA, HTML, XML, ARS
* Demonstrated understanding of object-oriented design and programming techniques.
* Excellence verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
* Demonstrated resourcefulness in the software development process and creative problem-problem-solving skills.
* History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
* Working knowledge in all stages of the software development life cycle: requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and implementation.
* Experience developing documentation for end users
Who we are
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. A unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers, we believe when you enjoy what you do and who you do it with, you do your best work. And that means everyone wins. https://federal-careers.cdwjobs.com/