Sr Industrial Development Manager - Trammell Crow Company
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sr Industrial Development Manager - Trammell Crow Company
Areas of Interest
El Segundo - California - United States of America, Los Angeles - California - United States of America
Oversee all aspects of industrial commercial property design, due diligence, municipal approvals, bidding, permitting, and construction. Specific responsibilities include selecting, managing, contracting, and administrating large and complex projects from initial selection of design teams through the completion of construction and project closeout.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
* Manage site due diligence, both physical and legal, as may be required. Coordinate and manage all Phase I Environmental Surveys, geotechnical studies, and other site related documentation requirements.
* Interface with land planners, civil engineers, landscape architects, city/county/municipal officials and other governmental entities and client team members. Understand and assist with entitlement process and amendments, as needed.
* Prepare concept budget and schedule for proposed project.
* Assist in selection, negotiation, and management of contracts with consultants including engineering, environmental consultants, architects, landscape architects, land planners, and other consultants as may be required.
* Manage the design process. Conduct design review meetings with all design consultants as may be required.
* Review, recommend, and coordinate schedule and cost saving opportunities.
* Review and approve monthly invoices from consultants and vendors.
* Manage concept budget and schedule throughout design process to target delivery date. Collaborate with busines teams and project analyst as required.
BUDGETS and FINANCE
* Manage project budget.
* Provide assistance on loan closings as needed.
* Work with the team to create bank budget and cash flow assumptions.
* Supervise the assembly of development due diligence information for Appraiser and Lender.
* Re-certify surveys, geotech, environmental, etc. to bank as required.
* Track and complete post-closing issues as required.
* Review and process monthly contractor pay-applications, and project draws.
* Update the Development Cost Summary on a monthly basis.
* Manage contractor selection and negotiation of contractor agreement and schedule of values for project budget.
* Manage contractor and required construction consultants.
* Work with local jurisdictions to expedite permitting.
* Attend project meetings as required and monitor job progress.
* Maintain relationships with local government personnel through construction process.
* Negotiate dry and wet utility connections, relocations, and costs as needed.
* Manage acceptance of project following Substantial Completion, including punch walks, turnovers to tenants, final close-out of contractor and consultants, and delivery of close-out documentation to Lender and/or Equity Partner.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. Will lead project teams and/or plan and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An additional requirement for this role is the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or other technical area from a 4-year college or University.
* Applicant must have 5+ years' experience in architecture, construction management, real estate and/or commercial development.
* Knowledge and understanding of construction practices/techniques, contract management, AIA documents, contract law, project controls, and building support systems.
* Ability to lead and manage industrial development projects.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* LEED accreditation (and/or other sustainability experience) with current educational requirements is preferred.
* Proven record of excellent customer service and be well respected in the real estate industry and industrial development community.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information and influence audiences and outcomes. Ability to effectively negotiate with contractors and municipal officials.
Requires general knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to create budgets and manage development costs.
REASONING ABILITY, CRITICAL THINKING & PROBLEM SOLVING
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents, including consultant reports/investigations, construction plans, engineering drawings, and venture documents. Ability to solve problems creatively and collaboratively, involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
At Trammell Crow Company (TCC), our expertise, industry leadership and the backing of CBRE have made us one of the largest commercial real estate developer in the U.S. with over $8 billion in active projects.
For nearly 70 years, TCC has been providing a full range of development and investment services to commercial real estate occupiers and investors. As a merchant builder, we create value through site identification, by procuring optimal entitlements, and directing the design, construction, and leasing of assets positioned to meet the needs of the market or user.
Find out more