Home Health Physical Therapist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Dominican Hospital (a member of Dignity Health) is a 222-bed facility that offers a wide range of services to residents of California's Central Coast. With 24/7 emergency care, comprehensive care in cardiac, orthopedics, oncology, women's and children's services, we continue to lead the region in medical innovation and excellence in healthcare.
Dominican offers emergency services and is a Certified Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. Dominican's services include the only comprehensive Cancer Center in Santa Cruz County, a Total Joint Replacement program, and advanced neurological and endoscopic services. Dominican regularly receives 'A' grades for hospital safety from Leapfrog Group, and has received national recognition for superior patient safety, cardiac care, and stroke treatment from Healthgrades, a leading provider of comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals.
As Santa Cruz County's heart attack (STEMI) receiving center, Dominican Hospital provides cutting edge cardiac care. The hospital's heart attack treatment times consistently beat the national average, and the hospital offers two cardiac catheterization labs available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Groundbreaking cardiac procedures at Dominican include the Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) procedure, which allows for heart valve replacement without opening a patient's chest.
Dominican Hospital has forged significant partnerships with area hospitals to bring exceptional care to Santa Cruz County. The hospital offers a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) through a partnership with Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. Neurosurgery at Dominican is also offered through a partnership with Stanford Health Care.
In The Community
Beyond care inside the hospital, Dominican is dedicated to the health and wellness of the Santa Cruz community.
Community programs include a Mobile Wellness Clinic, a tattoo removal program, and support groups for patients and new mothers. In addition, and in accordance with our mission, Dominican Hospital supports programs for the underserved in our community, including children and adults, students, seniors, and the homeless population. Dominican also has received several awards for environmental excellence.
Physical Therapist I , II Independently performs assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of therapeutic care for patients with overt and covert needs and/or complications of treatment, for the adolescent, adult, and/or geriatric patient with focus on functional mobility and rehabilitation. Also provides education to patients, appropriate family members and caregivers in order to restore patients' functional independence and reduce or prevent long term disability. Assists the patients to reach their maximum potential through coordination of care in a multi-disciplinary team setting. Coordinates the care and is responsible for management of the patient's case with other disciplines and implements specific programs related to Physical Therapy under the general direction of the Home Health Rehab Manager.
* Minimum of three years of experience as a Physical Therapist in physical disabilities setting, preferably in acute care, acute rehabilitation or home health required.
* Knowledge of physical therapy theory, treatment, and evaluation required.
* Must be an experienced computer user
* Is a graduate of a physical therapist education program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), CAPTE successor, or approved education program outside of the USA required.
* Current and valid Physical Therapy license required.
* Current CPR certification required.
* Current valid driver's license, a reliable automobile and proof of current automobile insurance required.
* Currently employed as an agency PT at 0.5 FTE status or greater preferred.
* Employed minimally for 3 months in Dominican Home Health (or 1 year previous Home Health experience in another HH agency) preferred.
* Demonstrates competency in OASIS admission assessments preferred.
* Meets criteria and performs Home Health Case Management duties preferred.
* Previous home health experience preferred.
Minimum of three years of experience as a Physical Therapist in physical disabilities setting, preferably in acute care, acute rehabilitation or home health required. Knowledge of physical therapy theory, treatment, and evaluation required. Must be an experienced computer user. Is a graduate of a physical therapist education program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), CAPTE successor, or approved education program outside of the USA required. Current and valid Physical Therapy license required. Current CPR certification required. Current valid driver's license, a reliable automobile and proof of current automobile insurance required.