Employment Type: Full-Time
Glendale Memorial Hospital and Health Center, now part of CommonSpirit Health, formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health,. We are large acute care, nonprofit community hospital serving the Glendale community. We have 334-bed, our hospital offers a full complement of services, including its award-winning heart center, the colorectal surgery institute, a gastrointestinal program, and is a Los Angeles County approved primary stroke center. The hospital shares a legacy of humankindness with Dignity Health, one of the nation's five largest health care systems.
As a Gastointestinoal Lab nurse with us, you are expected to apply your nursing knowledge and skills in the lab and it doesn't stop there. Most patients never realize the part you played in getting them through one of their most vulnerable moments. Honoring your commitment to care for others is thanks enough. Our leadership is visible and the hospital is expanding its services. The GI lab is currently being renovated with new beds, gurneys, and equipment. Call is required and is based on shift and patient volume. We have three procedure rooms equipped with state-of-the-art equipment. The GI lab is a standalone unit where pre, intra, and post-procedural care is provided. We perform a variety of cases including manometries, PH impedance, Bravo capsule, upper and lower endoscopies as well as sevo testing. This is a small collaborative department where teamwork drives the culture.
Glendale Memorial provides you with the same level of care you provide for others. We care about our employees well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
* Free membership to our Care@Work program helping employees with childcare, pet care, or dependent adults
* Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
* Flexible spending accounts
* Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
* Matching Retirement Programs
* Wellness Program
If you are ready to experience a culture driven by talent, technology, innovation, and humankindness, connect with us today!
* Apply cultural sensitivity to all patients, caregivers, and teams
* Implement a nursing care plan for GI Lab patients
* Collaborate with other professionals to ensure rooms are prepped with necessary equipment and supplies
* Demonstrate kindness and compassion
* 2 years acute hospital experience, preferrably in OR or GI lab
* BLS and ACLS required.
* Current California license as a Registered Nurse.
This position is represented by CNA.
related skills: operating room, or, o.r., general surgery, surgical procedures, pre-op, preoperative, peri-op, perioperative, post-anesthesia care unit, pacu, post op, progressive care, pcu, wound care, wound dressing, suturing, incision site prep, operating room, scrub nurse, circulating nurse, rn first assist, circulator, acls, hospital, clinic, inpatient, outpatient, surgical services, recovery, admission, discharge, care plan, treatment, medication management, registered nurse, r.n., rn, surgical, surgery, nurse, operating room, periop, acute care, hospital, nurse, rn, registered nurse, AORN, perioperative #HelloSurgicalServices, SoCalOR