VP, People Operations
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Company You'll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they've managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You'll Work With
Carta is seeking a flexible and strategic manager to help us build and lead a world-class HR Operations team that is responsible for providing a high quality support experience to employees in close partnership with functions such as HRBP, Total Rewards, Recruiting, and Learning & Development. As a VP, you will be responsible for partnering cross-functionally to drive process and system improvements that will improve the employee experience, increase the efficiency of the HR team, and improve the quality of our data. You will play a critical role in creating a highly employee - centric People team as Carta continues to grow exponentially.
The Problems You'll Solve
* Strategically develop and implement scalable solutions that enhance the People team's ability to attract and engage top talent.
* Lead a cross functional team that builds and enhances products and business processes that help scale recruiting and HR.
* Advocate for evaluation and improvement of data sources and data quality.
* Drive our HRIS migration from ADP to Workday and seek constant workflow improvements once implemented.
* Keep up to date on the latest tech trends in recruiting and HR.
* Build the infrastructure for how all individual Cartan's interact with the People team and find the information they need (Service Desk); define and improve how we quickly, accurately, and empathetically address all questions and tickets that come to the People team.
* Establish metrics and build dashboards to monitor Service Desk performance, creating a regular cadence of reporting and reviews to drive continuous improvement.
* Create and maintain thorough and up-to-date documentation of the People team's processes to support team member training.
* Develop the playbook, cadence, and operational support for HRBPs for performance reviews, promotions, compensation adjustments, and engagement surveys.
* Leverage our HR and Recruiting systems to reduce administrative burden and improve people data integrity.
* Constantly seek opportunities to create a great employee experience.
* 12+ years of experience leading a HR operations team within a fast-paced technology company
* Experience as a recruiter and/or with recruiting operations
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
* Highly collaborative and enjoys working cross-functionally
* Strong program management experience effectively partnering with HR and business teams to build comprehensive and scalable HR programs
* Experience collaborating with IT and engineering teams to ensure that people's data are secure and used with the highest level of integrity
* Ability to influence key stakeholders using data
* Expert with leveraging Human Resources Information Systems to achieve growth at scale while providing a great experience to employees
* Partner with legal to ensure that all of our people processes are compliant with employment-related regulatory compliance
* People management experience with the ability to build and lead a team to success
* Experience leading a data analytics team
* Experience with Workday (required)
* Experience with Greenhouse (preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.