IT Web Ops Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
What We Do
As a tech-forward company, CarParts.com is transforming the way drivers shop for auto parts to benefit today's digital consumer. Leveraging our company-owned national distribution network, we bring the very best brands and manufacturers directly to consumer hands, cutting out unnecessary costs to provide quality parts at a discount. Through our simple, convenient, and mobile-intuitive website, CarParts.com enables consumers to connect with the parts they need to keep their vehicles on the road.
At the heart of everything we do is a collective drive to serve, succeed, and grow. To achieve this, we've focused on building a community that works together, inspires each other, and thrives in an environment where employees are empowered and valued. All the hard work of our entire team has resulted in back-to-back record-breaking quarters for Q1 and Q2 of 2020, as well as our inclusion in the Russell 2000® Index and the LABJ's top 100 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles list for 2020. Join us!
Summary of Role/Position
We are currently looking for an experienced IT Manager, Web Operations. In this role you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our client-facing Web platform. This includes providing monitoring and maintenance of front-end infrastructure, support of web development roadmap, establish and own cross-functional communication between multiple teams. In addition, you will oversee a team of web operations specialists located in Manila, Philippines and will be responsible for all aspects of managing the team in a 24/7 operation. Additionally, the person in this position will assume the role of Site Reliability Engineer, partnering with DevOps and engineering teams to design and build complex, scalable and reliable systems.
* Act as a Tier 2 escalation point for Ecommerce Ecosystem issues.
* Be a part of on-call rotation for 24x7 escalation.
* Keep a track of changes deployed to production and impact to site performance, real user activity, API SLAs integrations and overall health of Ecommerce site.
* Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems, automated alerting and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality of WebOps monitoring.
* RCA analysis on Ecommerce Website performance and conversion matrix from Google Analytics reporting to management.
* Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports to monitor Ecommerce Website Core vitals.
* Expertise in Website traffic monitoring on CDN, WAF Rules and web monitoring tools such as New Relic, DataDog, CloudWatch or Elastic log aggregators.
* Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
* Locate and define new process improvement opportunities for both the WebOPs team and Data Services team as well a number of cross functional teams that uses New Relic, Splunk and Data analytics.
* Escalate software bugs or feature enhancements to development and product management teams.
* Work within the existing application support team to analyze & resolve production issues, including the debugging, analysis and identification of application issues, for a range of the web content of Ecommerce products and services through applying knowledge of multi-tiered web application architecture.
* Ability to find opportunities and develop web operational tools that would help streamlining and simplifying the WebOps activities.
* Troubleshoot and provide support with applications and Cloud infrastructure.
* Provide client support for on-premise and off-premise hosting.
* Serve as the primary point of contact for internal teams regarding incidents, tickets, and technical support regarding level 1 and 2 website, third-party or infrastructure issues.
YOU MUST HAVE:
* BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics preferred.
* 1-3 years in leading IT Support teams both local and remote.
* Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
* Expertise in New Relic, Google Analytics and Data Analytics.
* 3+ years Linux administration. Must be familiar with common administrative commands as well as able to write scripts in one of the major shells.
* 2+ years SQL experience. You should be able to construct complex SQL statements to query and occasionally update information in a MySQL/MSSQL database.
* 3+ years prior experience with any monitoring tools, e.g. SolarWinds, New Relic, Splunk, Ops Manager, Jira Service Desk.
* Practical experience with PHP and/or Python is a plus.
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
* Must be familiar with HTTP/HTTPS traffic streams, DNS management, WAF & Bot Management concepts with CDN such as Akamai, Fastly etc.
* Will need to be flexible on the work shifts as we need to be able to support other parts of the globe.
* Experience with automation tools/frameworks such as Jenkins, public clouds such as AWS, GCP.
* Experience with Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS), Nginx, Kong API Gateway is a PLUS.
At CarParts.com we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability, or race.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the incumbent a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change, so, too, may the essential functions of this position.