Employment Type: Full-Time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Assists in the effective management and direction of the Dining operations by providing quality service to the residents, excellent leadership to the employees and monitoring cost and inventory to ensure a profitable operation.
Essential Duties and responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
* Assists in the supervision the Dining Room staff, including scheduling, enforcing service and sanitation standards and in the training and motivation of the staff.
* Visually inspects the Dining Room and takes action to ensure the Dining Room is clean and organized and that all equipment is in working order.
* Assigns and inspects all staffs' sidework daily.
* Oversees the setting up and breaking down of the Dining Room and service areas.
* Regularly monitors product quality and plate presentation to ensure consistency of service standards, gives feedback to Chef and Dining Room Manager.
* Ensure food items are prepared to the resident's specifications by interacting with the residents and confirming satisfaction
* Assist in resolving issues if dissatisfaction arises with the level of service or the food item requested.
* Assists in conducting performance evaluations and coaches and counsels Dining Room service staff when necessary.
* Assists employees and may occasionally perform in the capacity of any of the positions supervised.
* Regularly communicate supplies needs to Chef and Dining Room Manager to ensure the area is properly stocked to meet the needs of the residents.
* Assists in seating residents and providing additional service as needed.
* Issues verbal and written instruction to the dining staff under the supervision of the Dining Room Manager.
* Interprets company policies to employees and enforces safety regulations.
* Responsible for the overall direction and coordination of the Dining Room staff in the absence of the Manager.
Safe Working Program
* Report any accidents, injuries or violations of company safety rules.
* Meet all training requirements within the first 30 days of employment.
* Follow standard precautions and practice all precautionary measures related to contagious disease and infections.
* Wear appropriate clothing and shoes for your job.
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Requires patience in working with Senior Residents in the range of 60-100 plus years of age.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* At times, may be required to work outdoors.
* May include exposure to dogs, cats or other pets.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand or kneel.
* The employee frequently is required to carry, balance, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
* The employee must frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
* Ability to move through a crowded dining room to monitor activity.
* Communication Skills
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English.
* Interact well with our Carlton Family - residents, family members, all staff members, future residents.
* Reasoning Ability
* Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions.
* Education and Experience
* According to Title 22 requirements, employee must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
* High school diploma or GED, or equivalent experience.
* Previous experience in a similar capacity is preferred, but not required.
* Must have basic knowledge of food preparation, service standards and resident relations and etiquette.
* Mathematical Skills
* Above average math skills.
* Certificates, License, Registration
* Current First Aid Certification (obtained through community)
* DOJ and FBI fingerprint clearance must be completed prior to working in community (obtained through community)
* Health screening and negative TB test, must be less than six (6) months old. (obtained through community)