Claim Manager Property
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Claim Manager is responsible for the development and performance of a claims team who manage, investigate, and resolve claims of all complexities, ensuring a high-quality work product. The Claims Manager advocates for a culture of claims customer service excellence where all are committed to providing a differentiated customer experience.
* Owns the development and performance of several claim representatives ensuring the quality, accuracy, and timely resolution of claims of all complexities including litigation.
* Continuously develops talent by creating opportunities for direct reports to grow and strengthen new skills.
* Advocates claims customer service excellence by building empathy and passion for the customer experience that meets and exceeds customer expectations.
* Demonstrates a passion and vision towards a highly effective and engaged employee culture. Selects top talent, delivers continuous coaching, rewards and recognizes employees to reinforce behaviors that ensure service excellence, and holds others accountable for the development.
* Monitors the performance of the team, analyzing any problematic trends to identify root cause problems. Escalates issues or may recommend solutions to operational leadership. Advocates a culture committed to identifying process efficiencies to continuously improve how work is completed.
* Resolves complaints, problems, and coverage questions that are escalated from team members, escalating further if needed. Collaborates effectively with internal and external stakeholders including existing policyholders, the business community and governmental agencies, to ensure compliance with regulatory and company standards.
* Promotes and advocates business unit goals and objectives, ensuring alignment with broader claims functional goals.
* Bachelors degree and 10 or more years of claims handling experience
* Must have 5 years people management experience with proven ability to lead a team
* Experience with litigation claims file handling
* Strong communications skills both written and verbal
* An ability to quickly learn and apply acquired knowledge essential to the position
* CPCU preferred