Gunners Mate SME/Instructional Systems Designer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Cape Henry Associates
Cape Henry Associates is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business that specializes in providing manpower, personnel, training, and education solutions to our Department of Defense customers.
We are looking for a Subject Matter Expert as a Gunners Mate (GM) for Navy Training Curriculum Development. Subject Matter Experts are responsible for providing specific occupational knowledge to instructional systems teams leading to the successful development of training programs and curricula in support of customer and program objectives. This position is located at the Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) Det West aboard Naval Base San Diego, CA.
* Develop and oversee training products using a systematic approach, adult learning theories, learning technologies, and industry best practices for instructional design;
* Develop and oversee training curricula materials;
* Develop and oversee training assessments;
* Conduct needs analysis and assessments to determine the appropriate content;
* Select appropriate learning media to meet learning needs;
* Design, develop, and oversee Interactive Multimedia Instructional (IMI) products;
* Assess instructional effectiveness of course materials and analyze data to meet the needs of the learner and customer;
* Provide quality assurance for training products;
* Maintain accurate training product records and files;
* Develop and write standard operating procedures (SOPs) for maintaining and operating Fiber Optics equipment;
* Develop reports and briefings;
* Additional duties as assigned.
Full-time (40 hours per week). Salaried. Exempt.
* Bachelors degree preferred;
* Formal education or the successful completion training and associated with the operation or maintenance of combat surface systems as a Gunners Mate (GM);
* Active Current Secret level security clearance;
* Ability to work independently;
* Excellent computer skills; expert in Microsoft Office software;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
* Ability to read, interpret, organize, and synthesize source material into well-written, concise learning products;
* Ability to apply Integrated Learning Environment principles and guidelines for the design and development of training products;
* Ability to develop learning strategies, assessment strategies and author training products to close identified training gap;
* Ability to communicate effectively, tactfully, and directly with clients.
* Ability to manage a workflow;
* Suggest content topics, recommend the sequence for presenting topics, and recommend activities based on objectives;
* Verify and ensure the technical and operational accuracy of the subject content and the treatment of content in materials chosen or produced for the project;
* Ability to assist in performance of the planning process;
* Work with and coordinate with other corporate personnel to perform assigned tasks.
* Consider the relationship of the subject undergoing development to other subjects in the program, making recommendations to enhance the situation;
* Ability to point out elements in the content that may be difficult, confusing or that may be a likely area of trouble;
* Advise how long it takes to produce segments, what the better information sources are, and which techniques in resource books are good;
* Maintain a fresh, broad, and imaginative view of the subject and its applications.
Work Environment and Travel: