Sr. Class-A Modeler
Employment Type: Full-Time
Canoo's mission is to bring EVs to Everyone. The company has developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Distinguished by its experienced team from leading technology and automotive companies - Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space that is customizable across all owners in the vehicle lifecycle to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by autonomy and purpose, and get things done.
* Create digital automotive surfaces ranging from concept to Class-A level
* Collaborate with exterior and interior design staff
* Collaborate with cross functional teams: engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, craftsmanship, marketing to execute design concept into production
* Work with engineering and packaging engineers to incorporate all feasibility criteria
* Research and present initiatives to keep design processes of the studio relevant within the industry
* Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, transportation design or equivalent practical experience
* 5+ years of CAD experience, preferably within the automotive OEM space
* 5+ years automotive experience
* Proficiency in Keyshot, VRED or equivalent rendering software
* Understanding of production automotive development and procedures
* Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with quick turn-around
* Intuitive feeling and passion for automotive design
What's Cool About Working Here...
* Meaningful, challenging work that will redefine automotive landscape and make EVs available to everyone
* Comprehensive Health Insurance
* Equity Compensation
* Flexible Paid Time Off
* Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo cares deeply about the safety of all candidates who may be asked to participate in an in-person interview. While the company remains operational, some of our positions are remote, while others require working on-site. Canoo is following the Covid-19 protocols set forth by local state and federal governance and the CDC guidelines. Candidates who are vaccinated will be asked to provide a copy of proof of vaccination upon arrival for the interview. Candidates who are not vaccinated will be asked to provide proof of a negative Covid-19 test that is no less than 48 hours old. We ask that you practice hand hygiene, social distance, and wear face coverings to reduce the risks of exposure to Covid-19. We appreciate your cooperation with our safety protocols while you explore your future with Canoo!
Responsibilities - Create digital automotive surfaces ranging from concept to Class-A level - Collaborate with exterior and interior design staff - Collaborate with cross functional teams: engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, craftsmanship, marketing to execute design concept into production - Work with engineering and packaging engineers to incorporate all feasibility criteria - Research and present initiatives to keep design processes of the studio relevant within the industry