Cardinal Service Communications Associate
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Haas Center for Public Service is seeking a Cardinal Service Communications Associate to strategically advance our digital media efforts and storytelling through exceptional writing and editing, including for the Cardinal Service blog; taking the lead on our Instagram strategy and posting; and connecting members of the Stanford community with campus-wide service opportunities through compelling digital content. You will also support other essential Cardinal Service promotions to students and other key stakeholders. Be part of a dynamic and collegial team highlighting campus-wide service as integral to a Stanford education!
In this role, you will:
* Produce and curate digital content to engage users, increase user base, and grow channels for the Haas Center for Public Service and Cardinal Service initiative. Optimize content delivery strategies, build content topics, tailor content to outlet platform, target specific audiences, and make editorial decisions. This includes working with a peer advisor to produce the weekly Cardinal Service newsletter and grow the audience; submitting updates to other newsletters on campus (e.g. UAR); producing flyers to promote service opportunities at Stanford; assisting with maintenance of email lists and individual contact records, including for donors; and depending on other projects, possibly writing articles for central Stanford newsletters.
* Strategize to build and grow digital community through social media channels, blogs, and the web-specifically through regular posting to the Cardinal Service Instagram account and editing the Cardinal Service stories blog-recruiting authors; editing posts with minimal supervision; posting to the blog; and coordinating promotions.
* Build support for social initiatives among internal stakeholders by acting as internal advocate for digital community efforts and driving digital best practices-including through representing Communications to Haas Center staff and counterparts on campus.
* Contribute to overall development and refinement of digital community strategy, and innovative social initiatives by proposing and implementing recommendations-including through collaborating with program directors to spotlight programs in the digest at strategic times in the year, crafting special issues of the digest that provide added value to students (e.g. New Year's issue), and taking into account developments in the university calendar and students' weekly progression through each quarter in digital and promotional strategies.
* Provide customer service to constituents; represent organization to constituents and campus-including through soliciting and coordinating submissions to the Cardinal Service digest, assisting with donor correspondence, and responding to Haas Center email account inquiries.
* Develop marketing materials and strategies for programs and outreach, including through assistance as needed with swag ordering, maintenance, and distribution; and ensuring that curating and archiving photos is completed regularly.
* May assist with event communications and planning, including donor relations events and invitation lists, as needed.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
* Bachelor's degree and minimum 1 year of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to build lasting relationships and strong communities; customer focus
* Knowledge of the web, technology, social platforms, current and future trends
* An approach that is highly organized and creative
* Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules
* Demonstrated ability to work as a team player
In addition, preferred requirements include:
* Public service or related experience
* Flexible approach to fast-paced environment and willingness to work some weekend and evening hours
* Knowledge of Cardinal Service and Stanford
* Self-starter who can work autonomously with minimal supervision, as well as in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
* Interest and/or experience in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion as integral to effective Communications
* Experience working productively with individuals from a variety of backgrounds
* Experience with Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or Postgrads and CARD (Salesforce)
How to Apply
To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your interest in and experience with public service, as well as experience in writing, editing, and digital media content creation.
Click on Job Search
Enter 90772 in the Keyword Search field