Temporary Campus Aide
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Details - (MIR) Temporary Campus Aide
Camino Nuevo Charter Academy
Title (MIR) Temporary Campus Aide Job Type Classified Sub Title Location Miramar Campus Job Title Campus Aide Contact Name Alinson Jerez Contact Phone 2134173400 Contact Email Alinson.Jerez@PuebloNuevo.org;Dorenyse.Diaz@CaminoNuevo.org Number of Openings (only type in the number) 1 Pay Months FTE (must be only numbers between 0.01 and 100) Salary $15.00-$17.00 Salary Rate Salary Information Full-time/Part-time Full-time Length of Year 3/17/21-6/30/21 Location Address 3435 W Temple St Location City Los Angeles Location State California Location Zip 90026 Location Phone Requirements Job Description
Camino Nuevo Charter Academy (CNCA) is a community of high-performing public schools that utilizes a comprehensive approach to prepare students from preschool through high school for success in college and in life. We integrate academic rigor, community, family, and wellness to empower students to thrive in a culturally connected and changing world. Founded in 2000, Camino Nuevo Charter Academy students represent the neighborhood of MacArthur Park west of downtown Los Angeles, a community that is one of the most under-resourced and densely populated neighborhoods in Los Angeles. Currently, CNCA has eight campuses that serve over 3,500 students from pre-K through 12th grade.
We believe that every individual who works at Camino Nuevo Charter Academy must embody key mindsets.
* Commitment to and belief in CNCA's mission and vision
* Belief in and embodiment of the CNCA Anchors in all aspects of the work
* Commitment to the vision of a progressive, socially-just education and is able to inspire others towards that vision
* Solution orientation and belief in supporting others to be the same
* Commitment to an asset-based, capacity-building approach
* Commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
* Strong self-awareness and ability to reflect
* Ability to take ownership in the day-to-day and overall success of the organization
* EXCELLENCE: We take responsibility for our students and staff achieving consistently outstanding results.
* EQUITY: We recognize and value the individuality and experiences of all students and respond to their unique academic, emotional, psychological, and social needs.
* COMMUNITY: We are rooted in our community's richness and in the cultural and environmental context where our students and families live.
* INNOVATION: We continuously learn, are curious, and implement new ideas, perspectives, and evidence-based methods in our work.
* JOY: We build and maintain positive relationships that foster happiness and fulfillment among students, staff and families.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, the campus aide will coordinate and help to supervise students in non-classroom activities before, during and after school hours. The Campus Aide ensures student safety and compliance with school and CNCA policies and regulations.
* Observe and provide for limited control of student behavior in non-classroom activities before, during and after school hours to maintain safe campus environment
* Monitor restrooms, buildings, halls, walkways, eating areas, and parking lots for unauthorized activities
* Monitor student behavior, deter and modify inappropriate student behaviors of a relatively minor nature and reports serious infractions to school administrators for possible disciplinary action
* Direct and accompany students and visitors around campus
* Respond to requests from teachers and administrators to pick up students for Tier I & Tier II behavior issues and escort students to the administration office
* Escort ill students to office
* Operate a two-way radio to communicate with school personnel
* Report unusual activities on campus to appropriate personnel including the Lead Campus Aide, Assistant Principal, or Principal
* Investigate and report incidents of persons loitering on or near the campus and students leaving or congregating off school grounds without permission
* Identify and report damage to school property and safety hazards that may compromise student or staff safety
* Observe and check students who appear to be loitering and are out of class and determine appropriate action
* Check for visitors' passes and direct or escort general public to the administration office, in accordance with campus sign-in procedures
* Monitor parking lots for proper parking procedures and traffic flow as requested
* Assist with crowd control at school events
* May assist in campus emergency situations to ensure the safety and security of students and staff as directed by appropriate personnel
* May prepare routine statements related to incidents occurring on school campus
* Support school with translation services during peak hours or as requested
* Support school office staff as back up clerical support during peak hours as requested
* Attend training and participate in professional development as requested
* Other duties as assigned
* High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED) Certificate, or California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) Certificate is required
* Associates degree or a minimum of at least 48 semester units (60 quarter units) preferred
* Spanish and English fluency required
* 1-2 years' experience working in urban schools or in organizational operations
* Prior experience working with students in an academic or recreational setting preferred
* Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment required
* Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Positive energy and the ability to be a strong role model for students
Deadline 05/15/2021 Posted Date 03/10/2021 Open Date 03/10/2021 Close Date 05/15/2021 Continuous? Yes