Lear Aircraft Mechanic
Employment Type: Full-Time
Calspan, a technology company with a strong heritage in aerospace and transportation research and development, is looking for an A&P rated Aircraft Mechanic to support an Experimental Learjet located at the USAF Test Pilot School at Edwards AFB, CA.
* Perform inspections, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, and project installations and modifications to aircraft assigned to support.
* Inspect the work of other Aircraft Mechanics as required. Fill out and sign off on aircraft logs and work sheets in the proper manner.
* Keep abreast and maintain files of aircraft manuals, service bulletins. Attend pre-flight and post flight briefings as necessary. Maintain, operate and troubleshoot complex research systems installed in the aircraft. Maintain currency in aircraft manuals, service bulletins.
* Sign off inspections and aircraft log books as appropriate.
* Interpret drawings, specifications, manuals and procedures for mechanics. Inspect size and soundness of fabricated parts and sub-assemblies intended for installation in aircraft.
* Service and maintain aircraft and ground support equipment. Responsible for mechanical soundness of aircraft. From drawings and sketches, layout, fabricate and install, special modifications without compromising aircraft structural integrity or accepted aircraft standards.
* Perform or direct servicing, towing, starting and maintenance of the assigned aircraft and ground support equipment. Remove and install controls, electrical units, hydraulic components, engines and engine components.
Preferred Education / Experience:
* High school graduate or equivalent
* Formal aircraft maintenance training
* 5+ years' experience in field
* Airframe and Power Plant ratings highly desired
* Learjet 20/30 series or USAF C-21 experience highly desired
Preferred Knowledge / Ability:
* Layout, fabricate and install special modifications to the aircraft.
* Use of precision tools, measuring devices, instruments, etc.
* Required to adhere to procedures and requirements outlined in current Calspan work instructions.
Benefits Package: Our goal is to provide Calspan employees and their families with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our benefits include: Health Insurance, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance/Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, 401(k) company match on first 4%, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Universal Life Insurance Policy, Paid-Time Off, Company-paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty, Military Leave, Employee Assistance Program and Educational Assistance Reimbursement.
Calspan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Calspan supports safe and drug free workplace through pre-employment background checks and drug testing.