HSE Advisor: Sac Basin
Employment Type: Full-Time
California Resources Corporation (NYSE: CRC) is a publicly traded oil and natural gas exploration and production company and the largest oil and natural gas producer in California on a gross-operated basis. We operate our world-class resource base exclusively within the State of California, applying complementary and integrated infrastructure to gather, process and market our production. Using advanced technology, CRC's workforce focuses on safely and responsibly supplying affordable energy for California by Californians.
The CRC HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) Team is seeking to fill a HSE Advisor position to support our Sacramento Basin assets. This position can be filled from or near our operational offices in Rio Vista or Yuba City, CA with some remote work capabilities. This individual will provide key HSE support for operations teams with the following goals:
* Enhancing HSE performance
* HSE Leadership within Operations
* Consistent systems and process teamwork
* Coordination with the HSE Department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
* Provides HSE advice, technical and management support to the Sac Basin Operations team as assigned.
* Ensures company and service providers conduct work in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations (local, state, federal) and CRC Standards, Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions.
* Familiar with and able to analyze and interpret Air District Regulations, CAL OSHA, DOT, EPA and other related Code of Federal Regulations (CFR sections).
* Able to analyze HSE regulations and permit conditions to determine compliance and communicate equipment-specific requirements to Operations.
* Implement procedures and producing required Air Quality reports (e.g., Emission Inventories, Fugitive Emissions Report sunder Air District LDAR rules, CARB Oil and Gas Regulations, EPA OOOOa).
* Update and submit SPCC Plans, Stormwater Industrial/Construction Reports, WDR Reports, Waste Management Reports, Hazardous Materials Inventory disclosures and Business Emergency Plans.
* Support HSE (Air, Waste, Water) permitting, field inspections, compliance determination and event (spill, release) reporting.
* Conducts incident investigations into workplace incidents (using Taproot method), determines Root Cause Analysis and CAPA.
* Proactively works to identify and resolve issues; engage with teams to ensure HSE roles, responsibilities and expectations are understood by all.
* Ensure the security, safety and environmental standards are complied with and identify deficiencies as needed.
* Act as Company liaison for government agency compliance, source tests, and air permit startup inspections as requested.
* Assist with setting up orientation and or training for service providers, as needed.
* Develop reports and presentations to help communicate HSE compliance strategies.
* Develop and deliver web based and classroom training to enable employees on designated programs.
* Perform management of change (MOC), process hazard analysis (PHA) and pre-startup safety review (PSSR) support.
* Emergency Response Advisor in designated role(s).
* Available to be on-call for designated week(s).
* Participate in rulemaking process by providing practical input via commenting on proposed rules. Attend workshops and advocacy meetings. Providing summary of notes to HSE Staff and Operations.
* Audit monthly usage of HA/SWP, SBO's, and other HSE required activities to ensure quality and compliance.
* Supports activities to foster a positive HSE culture (CAMP, SBO, field audits/assessments)
* Spend 40- 50% of time in field.
* Previous experience in oil and gas services industry preferred
* Provide HSE guidance for internal or external audits.
* Perform other HSE duties as assigned.
* Trained in 5- Day TapRoot
* 3-5 years oil and gas or heavy regulated industry experience, with at least 2 years of California experience
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
* Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and SharePoint
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* Willing to learn constantly evolving Health, Safety, Environmental, and Risk requirements, codes, and standards
* Must be a team player and open to debate and constant dialog
* Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and field operations personnel
* Willing to travel at least 50% of the time to remote field offices with early morning arrival times and potentially work remotely
* Self-starting, results- and detail-oriented, strategic minded; and possessing strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent organization and time management skills including the ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where priorities may be adjusted frequently
* Must have a valid driver's license & clean DMV
* Familiar with or trained in Incident Command System.
* Professional certification (CHST, ASP, CSP, CHMM, CIH)
* Certified CPR/First Aid/AED
* OSHA 30 Hour General Industry and/or Construction certificate
* 24HR or 40HR HAZWOPER
CRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V