Sr. Commercial Appraisal Reviewer - California
Employment Type: Full-Time
California Bank & Trust's relationship-centered culture is achieved by providing our associates with the tools, training and opportunities to build the best possible relationships with our customers, and with each other. Our workplace culture values each associate's unique experiences, background and perspectives and provides a collaborative environment for all associates to grow and thrive.
We are looking for an experienced individual to join our Real Estate Technical Services (RETS) team. This role will sit at one of our affiliate offices in California.
The ideal candidate will have the skills and experience necessary to:
* Perform reviews of commercial real estate appraisal reports to ensure compliance with bank policies, federal regulations and USPAP standards, and to obtain credible valuations of real estate collateral used for underwriting, monitoring and/or credit management purposes.
* Consult on bank appraisal policy/standards and department procedures, assist with department operations, resolve valuation disputes, and address complaints from clients/vendors.
* Prepare reports for management.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Certified General Appraiser license required, MAI or AI-GRS designation preferred.
* Bachelor's degree in business, finance or a related field
* 6+ years' experience in commercial real estate appraisal, review, evaluation and/or related field.
* A combination of education and experience may meet requirements.
* Advanced knowledge of commercial real estate appraisal and appraisal review principles, practices, and applications;
* Extensive knowledge of USPAP and Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines;
* Advanced knowledge of financial math/applications and yield capitalization (DCF) analysis.
* Advanced analytical, investigative, problem-solving and communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with staff, bank management and vendors.
* Ability to work independently and multi-task. Proficient in related appraisal software including Microsoft Office.
* Knowledge or experience with the RIMS appraisal management system is preferred.