Manager, Non-Perishables Merchandising
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® - those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
The Manager, Merchandising will effectively manage part of the salaried merchandising team in closing down weekly gross profit goals and budgets, as well as implement sound merchandising vehicles with our independent retailers. The role will also be responsible for managing the merchandising support staff to ensure proper procedures and job responsibilities are being completed successfully.
* Responsible for managing team(s) for maximization of bill out through alternative sourcing, margin controls, Flat Fees, and forward buys.
* Manage the Senior Merchandiser(s) and the merchandising team with vendor issues, credit requests, paybacks, funding tracking, etc.
* Work with teams to hit the KPI goals for team and individuals as set by Director of the department.
* Review assigned team's price changes for Grocery, Candy and Frozen for accuracy before implementation; assure pertinent forward buys are maximized, and Merchandising is maintained at competitive levels.
* Responsible for managing the Senior Merchandisers and the Merchandising team with vendor issues, credit requests, paybacks, funding tracking, etc.
* Manage personnel both hourly and salaried employees in merchandising department.
* Responsible for managing and negotiating vendor contracts that generate steady income stream for division.
* Assist in hiring process, training, and evaluations for employee development for assigned team members; coach, develop and mentor staff.
* Attend Business Reviews as scheduled with Director / VP of Dept.
* Responsible for managing and executing special project demands that are set forth by senior management.
* Understanding of core competencies of wholesale model, ability to manage others, understanding of commodities and how they work.
* Intermediate Excel, Negotiation, organization, prioritization, problem solving and setting and communicating direction.
* Ability to Multi-task, Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* 5-7 years of relevant business/functional experience
1st Shift (United States of America)
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.