Data Scientist - Parcel Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
C.H. Robinson is on a mission to disrupt the logistics industry and take our technology to new heights with data science. In this role, you will help to improve the world's supply chains and develop a deep expertise in cutting edge statistical and mathematical techniques, while partnering with our team to bring it to life on a cutting edge technology stack. You will have an impact in designing systems that monitor data streams, sending signals and alerts to business users, and adding machine learning pipelines that enhance existing algorithms embedded into our industry leading platform products.
This is an exciting opportunity if you have expert statistical modeling knowledge with machine learning and other AI to make an impact in business results.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office in San Jose, CA where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers.
* Evaluate and understand current and nascent modeling methods in data science.
* Design and engineer high performance computing platforms and algorithms for a wide variety of data.
* Develop new features for existing algorithms through statistical and machine learning methodologies.
* Validate and implement modeling improvements to increase accuracy of data science algorithms.
* Embrace a research and development environment through rapid prototyping and iterative experimentation.
* Partner with IT delivery teams to push successful models to production in an on demand environment.
* 2+ years of experience in advanced analytics, machine learning and/or data science or one year of professional experience with an advanced degree (Masters or PhD).
* Bachelor's Degree within Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline.
* Experience with statistical algorithms, including boosting, classification, and regression
* Experience in programming in R and Python
* Familiarity with data fundamentals including SQL
* Proficiency with AWS technology stack
* Experience with deep learning and containerization
* Experience building and working with APIs
* Proven ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and out-of-the-box thinking
* Conducted deep research into a targeted subject area
* Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
* Strong sense of urgency and an ability to prioritize work effectively to maximize output and productivity
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.