LVN Hospice Nurse
Employment Type: Part-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Butterfly Hospice care provides compassionate, professional quality care to families and their loved ones.
We currently serve the areas of Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, Ventura County, Orange County, San Diego County and Inland Empire.
We have a team of professionals who are driven to ensure that the care we provide is the right care for the families we assist.
Our multi-disciplinary team works to develop tailored care plans to meet an individual's needs.
Butterfly Hospice Care is seeking Part Time and/or Per Diem experienced visiting Hospice LVN applicants.
The ideal candidate will have experience in Hospice service and available for weekends, evenings and possible standby call.
This individual will be responsible for the delivery of direct care to patients individually and through the assignment and direction of the patient focused care team, utilizing a collaborative patient care management process, meeting established standards of nursing care and other health care team members under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Conduct home visits
- Educate, instruct and support the patient, family and caregiver needs
- Work closely with other members of the interdisciplinary team to ensure all patient and family care needs are being met
- Provide timely documentation of patient services based on plan of care
- Assist to identify other physical, psychological and social needs for assigned patients
- Current California Certification as an LVN /LPN in good standing as a Hospice and Palliative Care provider
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) sponsored by the American Heart Association
- Valid driver's license with an automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with state requirements, or evidence of alternative transportation.
- No physical limitations or previous injury which may interfere with the assignment
- Must be willing to work closely and help guide co-workers with limited experience
- Must be willing to tend to all aspects of patient care, including bathing if needed
- Minimum 1 years of LVN/LPN experience with current experience in hospice, home care, palliative care, acute care or SNF
- Graduate of an accredited school of vocational/practical nursing, preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Loading some great jobs for you...