Employment Type: Full-Time
CAD Designer (Solidworks)
Location: Costa Mesa, CA (92626)
Job ID: #59744
Duration: 6 - 9 mos
Pay Rate: $40 - 45 ph (W2)
Create assembly layout models and detail drawings based on design engineering requirements. Carry out
Engineering Changes on development and existing products to ensure that all details on the ECO and drawings (including BOM, notes, dimensions, change notice information etc.) are complete and accurate. Utilize the PDM system for documentation control and workflow.
2) Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Create and check assembly layouts and detail part drawings for new projects and legacy programs. Ensure clarity, accuracy and neatness of drawings.
* Perform tolerance stack-ups and routine engineering calculations as required to support design integrity.
* Define required manufacturing information on drawings to permit fabrication and inspection of product.
* Maintain project 3D models and drawings using the PDM
* Perform customer print reviews and identify necessary changes to drawings.
* Ensures the successful completion of assigned projects to meet on time commitments
* Provide technical support to various personnel as needed. Provide assistance to less experienced operators
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Associates degree in Drafting Technology, Mechanical Design
* At least 3 years of experience in mechanical component design and detailing experience using SolidWorks
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Proficient in Solidworks. Working knowledge of Catia and AutoCAD preferred.
* Knowledge of GD&T
* Knowledge of the industry drafting standards and practices: ASME Y 14.5, ANSI Y 14.41
* Familiar with military and commercial design and material process standards
* Knowledge of PDM systems for documentation control and workflow
* Experience with Enovia
* Experience with Solidworks
* Preferred Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field
* Management of an HRIS
* HR experience in a manufacturing environment
* Professional in human resource certification (PHR or SPHR)
* Ability to speak, read and write Spanish
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.