Renewable Energy Consultant - 1898 & Co
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Renewable Energy Consultant will support a broad range of studies, engineering, and other consulting services to support the development, analysis, design, and construction of renewable energy projects, such as site selection and feasibility studies, Owner's Engineer support, and independent engineering assessments. The consultant will be required to work with numerous entities in the industry from investor-owned electric utilities to independent power producers. This consultant will be a lead contributor to the execution of technical studies, analysis, and engineering, and work with project managers to lead the technical execution for projects. The consultant will spend time directly engaged with clients to establish project objectives, formulate project approaches, and manage/oversee a team of consultants/engineers to meet the project objectives and provide the client with useful and actionable deliverables.
The consultant will assist the project managers and lead aspects of project execution including staffing plan development, analysis and engineering, schedule and deliverables, and quality management. The consultant will assist the project manager in business development activities. The consultant will support and lead both on-the-job and classroom training efforts for less experienced team members.
* Project execution: Assist project managers in the execution of projects. Lead aspects of project execution including data collection, engineering, financial, and technical analysis; maintain project schedule; develop key project deliverables including analysis, reports, and presentations; support the project manager in quality control of deliverables; analyze and communicate project status, risks, schedule, and costs to project managers; assist in leading multi-discipline teams of engineers and analysts; plan, organize, and communicate project personnel needs to project and department management.
* Leadership: Mentor and train less experienced staff on technical aspects of projects and the industry; serve as a recognized in-house leader in renewable generation planning and engineering; support company initiatives.
* Business development: Assist project managers in business development activities; assist in managing existing client relationships through client marketing and project interactions; identify new sales opportunities with clients; assist within aspects of proposal development and submission including project planning, budgeting, and scheduling; assist in the establishment of critical project objectives and performances with client; manage relationships with existing and potential key clients, customers, software providers, and contractors.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor of Science in engineering or related degree from an accredited program.
* Minimum 3 years, or Master's in Engineering with 2 years, of related experience with renewable operations, planning, design, or consulting.
* Knowledge regarding development, design, and construction of renewable generation facilities, specifically focusing on wind and/or solar generation, and of electric utility systems and their operation.
* Experience with the development, design, and construction of wind/solar generation projects.
* Professional Engineering License (PE) preferred.
* Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization, and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment.
* Demonstrated leadership skills.
* Proven ability to lead, educate, and train a team of engineers and analysts in regards to renewable generation studies and design efforts.
* Ability to independently solve difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
* Ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines and to be effective in on-site work environments.
* Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, including identification of critical path items to ensure deliverable deadlines are met.
* Ability to focus on the big picture to effectively and efficiently provide services that meet client needs, while also having the ability to identify and analyze details that are critical to project outcomes.
* Willingness to learn new service offerings as client needs and the market requires changes to the service offerings provided by our group.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT).
* Ability to travel.