Business Development Manager - Metabolite Imaging
Employment Type: Full-Time
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION
Lead business development manager for Metabolite Imaging in a novel application sitting at the intersection of metabolomics and MALDI imaging. We are launching an exciting new collaboration and need a dynamic person to manage the fusion of two advanced techniques that will provide the medical research community with fresh perspectives on the biology and interpretation of disease states.
This position will require travel for pre-and post-sales activities, collaborative opportunities, market development, and visiting other Bruker labs worldwide.
* Create growth opportunities for the business areas of responsibility.
* Work with regional commercial management to identify opportunities, nurture leads, and interpret lost opportunity information in each sales region and gather market relevant input and intelligence to flow into strategic planning for the business and associated instrumentation.
* Tailor sales and marketing efforts based on regional needs with prioritization on 'Tier 1' countries.
* Create and manage external commercial collaborations to fill gaps in internal technical capabilities, address unmet customer pain points, deploy software or product solutions, and support related campaigns.
* Manage and coordinate (with relevant market managers or product managers) production of market relevant sales tools including application notes and oral presentations and curate these on the global sales portal. Create awareness of these products within the sales organization.
* Provide input to applications and software development groups and provide market relevant feedback to R&D and BSLA management for prioritization of development efforts to fulfill unmet market needs.
* Develop methods to monitor business leading and trailing indicators for opportunistic advantages and deep strategic planning. Provide quarterly updates concerning lost orders, opportunities status and pipeline health, and relevant forecast information.
* Execute global, regional, and local campaigns to highlight KOL and reference sites to the greater market.
* Plan and execute (with MARCOM units) relevant regional marketing and promotional activities including roadshows, conferences, and VIP events with careful attention given to ROI and cost per SQL.
* Work closely with Product Management to communicate market needs, provide updates on the competitive landscape, and support relevant launch activities
Education and/or Experience:
Ph.D. in Biological Sciences/Analytical Chemistry or closely related field with strong experience in the field of Metabolomics. Experience on Bruker MS platforms desired. Keen acumen for resource and time management within a small group. Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Proficiency with relevant Bruker software and third party software used to analyze and conduct MALDI imaging and Metabolomics experiments.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability and willingness to travel as travel is required both domestic and international.
The ability to function and manage projects with widely distributed resources is essential. Excellent ability and willingness to communicate and closely interact with our international customers. Acute goal related time management for vital projects and reports is necessary.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.