Staff Engineer Intern, Global Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Staff Engineer - Intern, will provide functional support across Global Engineering in support of Project Engineering and Technical Solutions. In this role, the Staff Engineer, will work closely with multiple functions such as maintenance, environmental health & safety, information technology, and procurement to utilize engineering and business skills to analyze, develop, and deliver technical solutions.
The staff engineer intern will participate across Global Engineering in support of Project Engineering & Technical Solutions:
- Assist Project Managers and Capital teams to manage project deliverables, meeting action items, schedule, documentation and content in support of capital projects.
- Coordinate across project team members and stakeholders to manage content, workflow, and approvals related to Request for Information, Project Submittals, and Project governance documentation.
- Maintain electronic project collaboration system for projetc team.
- Prepare technical documentation and calculations in support of technical solutions and Design Standards
- Work closely with technical subject matter experts in support of capital and reliability excellence activities.
- Provide support to manage engineering systems and digital tools and applications across the engineering community. Including website updates and graphics changes, electronic storage edits.
The intern, at the conclusion of the summer term will be expected to have experienced working in a global function, working across multiple functional areas to deliver technical solutions for either a project or business program with clear deliverables that meet schedule, cost, and measurable outcomes and metrics.
What you will learn:
- Business Organization
- Good project management practices
- Multiple aspects of engineering, construction, and facilities asset maintenance programs.
Qualifications & Experience
- College Undergraduate currently enrolled in Engineering or Science major.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2021-2022.
- Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
- Must have a ≥3.0 GPA
- Minimum availability of 12 weeks (June 2022- Aug 2022)
- Previous experience in some job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
- Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience.
Experience / Knowledge Desired:
- Experience or Major/ Career Focus in Facility Design, Construction Management, Maintenance and Operations
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools ( Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Project, etc)
- Knowledge of Autodesk CADD systems and applications
- Knowledge of Lean concepts preferred
- Experience with Digital Applications preferred (SharePoint, Tableau)
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.