Associate Scientist, Myeloid Biology
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Tumor Microenvironment Thematic Research Center (TME TRC) is focused on developing therapeutic targets at the intersection of tumor, stromal and immune biology within the TME with the goal of enhancing responsiveness to checkpoint blockade and targeted therapies. Comprising of scientists across multiple disciplines we are responsible for the biology and translational science necessary to support drug development from target identification through to first in human studies.
The Immune-Oncology Discovery group at Bristol Myers Squibb is seeking a highly motivated and collaborative Associate Scientist who will be responsible for conducting, analyzing, and reporting experiments to drive the advancement of early therapeutic targets for cancer immunotherapy. This position will have an emphasis on generating relevant data for selection of clinical candidates and will also include early target discovery, validation, and mechanism of action studies for preclinical drug development. The successful candidate will perform various functional immunoassays to screen and characterize therapeutic antibodies, and work with cell lines and freshly isolated human tissue and blood cells. The successful candidate will also be involved in the design and analysis of in vivo efficacy studies in mouse tumor models.
* BS/MS with 2-4 years of work experience in immunology and/or immuno-oncology
* Expertise in immune cell biology and experience with immune cell isolation from blood and tissues
* Experience with in vitro functional assays to assess activation/suppression in the context of drug discovery
* Experience in multi-color flow cytometry is essential
* Position requires ability to work independently and collaboratively across a dynamic scientific environment, therefore excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong interpersonal skills are necessary.
* Flexibility and interest in learning new techniques and skills in accordance with the research program needs
* Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational, and record-keeping skills
* Familiarity with in vivo models of immune disease or oncology
* Proficiency in scientific computer programs including Microsoft Excel, GraphPad, Spotfire
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.