Paid CNA to Certified Home Health Aide Career Opportunity in Visalia!
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you a CNA looking to advance in your career? If so, now is the time!
We are looking for motivated Certified Nursing Assistants who want to become Certified Home Health Aides (CHHA) through our PAID Tuition Program!
How this works: For the CHHA requirements, it is only 40 more hours (only 1 week) of additional training on top of your current CNA certification. For this role, you must possess active/current Certified Nursing Assistant certification and CPR certification. Once you interview with one of our leadership teams and are accepted to move forward in the process, you will enroll and complete the additional 40 hours of Home Health Aide Certification training. Once you have successfully obtained your HHA certification, met the pre-employment requirements, and the position is offered to you, you will get reimbursed for the tuition (up to $500) PLUS a $500 Sign-On Bonus with 1 year commitment of employment!
The Home Health Aide is a paraprofessional member of the interdisciplinary group who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various services for a patient as necessary to meet the patients personal needs and to promote comfort. The Home Health Aide is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed The Home Health Aide will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a patients care.
* Full Time shifts available!
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Must be at least 18 years
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
* Meets the training requirements of the State
* Must complete a minimum of 75 hours classroom and supervised practical training: sixteen (16) hours of classroom must be completed prior to a mandatory sixteen (16) hours of practical training
* Must have current HHA certification in good standing in the State of California
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Must have the ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given
* Must understand hospice philosophy, comfortable providing specialized care to the terminally ill
* Must possess satisfactory references from previous employers
* Must be self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision
* Must possess empathy for the needs of the ill, injure, frail and the impaired
* Must possess effective oral and written communications
* Must possess effective organizational skills
* Must be flexible in work hours to ensure that patients receive care as provided in the plan of care
* Must be secure with issues of death/dying
* Must provide a calm manner when in a patients home
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
* Competitive salary commensurate with experience
* Mileage Reimbursement
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and more
* HSA/FSA available
* 401(k) with Company Match
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Advancement Opportunities
* $500 Sign On Bonus!!!