Home Health Aide - Full Time !
Employment Type: Full-Time
$500.00 Sign On Bonus!
Bristol Hospice is looking to add a dynamic Home Health Aide (HHA) to our growing team in the Sonora/Modesto area!
The Home Health Aide is a paraprofessional member of the interdisciplinary group who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various services for a patient as necessary to meet the patients personal needs and to promote comfort. The Home Health Aide is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed The Home Health Aide will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a patients care.
* Full Time, Monday through Friday 7am-3:30pm
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
* Competitive salary commensurate with experience
* Mileage Reimbursement
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and more
* HSA/FSA available
* 401(k) with Company Match
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Advancement Opportunities
* Sign On Bonus!
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Must be at least 18 years
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
* Meets the training requirements of the State
* Must complete a minimum of 75 hours classroom and supervised practical training: sixteen (16) hours of classroom must be completed prior to a mandatory sixteen (16) hours of practical training
* Must have current Home Health Aide (HHA) certification in good standing in the State of California
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Must have the ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given
* Must understand hospice philosophy, comfortable providing specialized care to the terminally ill
* Must possess satisfactory references from previous employers
* Must be self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision
* Must possess empathy for the needs of the ill, injure, frail and the impaired
* Must possess effective oral and written communications
* Must possess effective organizational skills
* Must be flexible in work hours to ensure that patients receive care as provided in the plan of care
* Must be secure with issues of death/dying
* Must provide a calm manner when in a patients home