Manager, Technical Recruiting
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel's vision is to enable high quality early education for every child - by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $100 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a highly distributed team supporting fully remote employees across every time zone in the US. We also have hubs in Austin, Denver, and San Francisco. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone-from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve- should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
Our Talent team is committed to ensuring brightwheel has the team in place to enable a high-quality early education for every child. We are seeking an experienced Sr. Manager, Technical Recruiting to take on a new leadership role with our growing Talent team. This individual will lead our technical recruiting team and partner closely with our product, design and engineering leadership in order to rapidly scale our R&D organization. This role reports directly into our Head of Talent Acquisition.
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial leader with deep knowledge in technical recruiting and past experience scaling a technical recruiting team. Our ideal candidate is energized by building and enabling a high-performing recruiting team and motivated by creating and executing on the strategy to unlock growth across our R&D teams.
What You'll Do
* Build and execute a talent acquisition strategy to scale our R&D organization
* Hire, manage and develop a team of 5-8 technical recruiters and sourcers
* Partner with technical leadership to understand organizational priorities and translate them to team goals; communicate progress and problem solve strategies to accelerate
* Define and manage your team to goals, and performance and process expectations
* Use data, feedback, and industry benchmarking to identify and implement hiring process improvements, to continually enhance fairness, efficiency, effectiveness and candidate experience
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
* 7+ years full-cycle technical recruiting experience within engineering, including 2+ years direct people management; experience overseeing technical sourcing, product/design recruiting, and/or international recruiting is a plus
* Experience building and scaling a technical recruiting function in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Ability to build strong relationships with senior leaders to understand needs, determine priorities, and problem solve improvements
* Strong analytical mindset with a proven track record of using data and insights to identify and act on opportunities
* Experience defining and implementing processes and policies to strengthen recruiting teams and hiring experiences
* Familiarity with best practices for building and sustaining strong pipelines of technical talent; commitment to and experience with hiring talent from under-represented backgrounds
* Entrepreneurial mindset and excitement to build a best-in-class technical recruiting function
Brightwheel is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.