Software Configuration Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
BAI, a defense contractor, is seeking a Configuration Manager (Software) who will provide guidance to software teams, and coordinate between projects to facilitate releases. Opportunities for career advancement, excellent benefits and stability are some of the advantages of our well-established, employee-focused company.
* Develop configuration management plans, and engage customers and stakeholders to secure approval for envisioned changes.
* Establish, develop and implement software change control processes (such as configuration identification, control, data library/repository, configuration audits and product release and delivery), working with development teams daily to ensure all change control processes are being followed and requests are being properly handled.
* Maintain an application configuration management database and library for the projects using standard configuration management library tools.
* Maintain and publish production release schedules, including all configurations items and component dependencies, and verify the completeness and correctness of configuration items.
* Coordinate configuration management between teams, providing guidance for releases, ensuring quality of release, and compliance with established standards.
* Verify the completeness and correctness of configuration items in release candidate and ready-for-production releases.
* Apply communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues.
* Mentors and provides configuration management guidance to the staff.
* Working at the customer's site with government personnel to ensure program success.
* Between 3 and 10 years' program experience; three (3) years of aircraft systems configuration management experience is a plus.
* Demonstrated program experience in the configuration management process must include configuration identification, control, audit, and status; DOD configuration management policies, procedures, review cycles, instructions and standards; engineering change proposal evaluations; and Operational and Safety Improvement Program (OSIP) procedures.
* Knowledge of administrative and managerial planning, creating and processing ECPs.
* Knowledge of change control processes, standardization, serialization, and engineering release and status accounting.
* Involvement with CI/CD concepts, Container technologies (Docker or Kubernetes), and Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, or GCP).
* Experience in scripting languages and managing environments from development to production.
* 3+ years' experience administering defect and change management software such as TFS (managing work items), JIRA, Rally, or ClearQuest.
* 3+ years' experience creating build definitions with continuous integration using tools such as TFS, Jenkins, and bamboo supporting multiple software development teams, interfacing with developers and test engineers as required. Archive builds and maintain build repositories for deployment to higher environments.
* Configuration/Release Management experience within a portfolio of 20-40 applications of varied sizes and criticality.
BS or BA degree in a Computer or Information Science field or a relevant technical discipline.
ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: An additional 6 years of relevant work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree, or 4 additional years of work experience with a relevant Associate's Degree.
Condition of employment - The applicant must have and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The applicant must have US citizenship at time of application.
BAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.