Configuration Management Analyst, Journeyman
Employment Type: Full-Time
BAI, a defense contractor, is seeking a Configuration Manager who will collect, organize, and interpret data relating to aircraft and product programs; provide guidance to software teams; and coordinate between projects to facilitate releases. Opportunities for career advancement, excellent benefits and stability are some of the advantages of our well-established, employee-focused company.
* Provide overall Configuration Management (CM) and Data Management (DM) in support of domestic and international products and data for both classified and unclassified projects.
* Ensure all Software Configuration Items (CI's) are identified and baselined.
* Ensure all reports generated are under version control and are archived in the technical library.
* Ensure all software/documents are under revision control, baselined, archived in the technical library and all changes are documented in a configuration management tool.
* Responsible for boarding all software components onto servers for software integration.
* Aid the project in developing, revising, and implementing CM processes that meet the requirements of the Capability Maturity Model Integrated V1.3.
* Compare the projects organizational processes to best practices and provide recommendations for improvement.
* Provide inputs to establish and maintain a meaningful set of metrics that support decision making regarding specific project managed products.
* Participate and provide Configuration/Data Management input at various meetings, including Software Engineering Review Boards (SERB), Engineering Review Boards (ERB), Milestone Meetings, Pre-Build Meetings, and other status meetings.
* Responsible for maintaining classified data and secured storage containers/spaces in accordance with security guidelines.
* Ensure current and accurate security markings are identified on software, hardware and documentation related to project artifacts.
* Ensure all technical documentation is consistent, correct, complete, and compliant.
* Understand and consider the projects current tools, process, and facilities in identifying CM practices.
* Communicate Configuration Data Management activities to the CM Team Lead, Integrated Project Team (IPT) Lead, Project Leads, and other functional areas.
* Provide inputs on contract vehicles to ensure appropriate CM/DM requirements area addressed.
* Responsible for auditing final software builds and uploading of related documents to a configuration management tool and SharePoint.
* Responsible for creating and distributing final software products in accordance with approved release letters.
* Develop team training for newly developed or revised CM processes.
* Develop and maintain a CM Plan and Desktop guides.
* Between 3 and 10 years program experience.
* A minimum of three (3) years of the program experience must include aircraft systems configuration management.
* Demonstrated program experience in the configuration management process must include configuration identification, control, audit, and status; DOD configuration management policies, procedures, review cycles, instructions, and standards; engineering change proposal evaluations; and Operational and Safety Improvement Program (OSIP) procedures.
* Demonstrated experience with aircraft and system avionics, subsystems, ancillary equipment, and ground support equipment development, testing, production, and operational use.
BS or BA degree in a Computer or Information Science field or a relevant technical discipline.