Lab Assistant- 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Start a conversation and schedule an interview by texting 'Carrots' to 661-403-4866.
* Inicie una conversación y programe una entrevista enviando un mensaje de texto 'Zanahorias' a 661-403-4866.
* This position will report to the: Supervisor
* Travel Requirement: None
* FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
* Shift: 2nd Shift
* Employment Category: Full time - Regular
STRONG HISTORY. EXCITING FUTURE. Bolthouse Farms is in California's fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super- premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and café beverages under the Bolthouse Farms brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt and olive oil vinaigrette dressings. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages. To learn more about the company's mission and see the entire line of current products, visit www.bolthouse.com.
WHAT YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE
The Lab Assistant will carry out with limited supervisor, quality analysis and control for production of shortcut, cello, food service, and frozen production.
* Daily audits of production procedures including; verification of code dates, scales, water levels, plant GMP's, and documentation
* Sample collection, operation of lab equipment, data analysis and entry, shipment of samples
* Analytical and microbiological testing of raw and finished products as well as processing water and equipment
* Examine product retain shelf life samples; aid manager in evaluation of shelf life data
* Operate, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment routinely
* Collect and ship sales sample requests
* Complete certificate of analysis (COA's) per customer requests
* Compare test results to quality specifications and limits, notify quality and production manager when results are out of specification
* Careful and neat lab habits and willingness to perform more modest tasks (cleaning glassware, ordering supplies etc.)
* Assist with special projects as needed
* Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* High School Diploma or equivalent; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Valid California Driver's License and clean driving record
* Proven, reliable, work history
Additional Required Qualifications:
* Must be detail oriented and have good written skills for clear record keeping
* Must have good communication skills and be able to interact well with others
* Must follow Bolthouse Farms standard operating procedures to prepare and/or analyze various parameters including good laboratory practices and aseptic techniques
* Proficient in Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Six to nine months relevant work experience, lab or other QC/Trainer work experience, preferred
* Bilingual Spanish/English
* Must be able to lift/push-pull/ carry up to 50 lbs
* Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time
* Environmental exposure - heat and cold, must be able to work in a wet environment
Hours & Workdays:
* 2nd Shift (2:00pm-10:30pm), when business requires overtime and weekends will be mandatory
WHAT WE OFFER
Our rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
* Group Life and AD&D
* Voluntary Life and AD&D
* Group Short-Term Disability
* Group Long-Term Disability
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee Assistance Program
* Paid Time Off
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you are interested in applying for employment with Bolthouse Farms and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at: TalentAcquisition@bolthouse.com for additional support and guidance.
Bolthouse Farms does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Bolthouse Farms is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
2nd Shift (2:00pm-10:30pm)