Quick Response Mechanic
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job ID 00000234755 Date posted 04/04/2021 Location Huntington Beach, California Company
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Quick Response Mechanic to support Boeing Global Services in Huntington Beach, CA. This occupation requires the fabrication, layout, fitting, punching, forming, grinding, cutting, riveting, and rework of sheet metal, extruded, and production parts, and assembly of structural and weld assemblies including sealing insulation. Set up and operate all types of metal forming machines to form and contour sheet metal parts, plate stock, and extrusion. Lay out, set up, and operate all types of sheet metal equipment utilizing manual data input, numerically controlled pre-programmed instruction media and conventional methods. Furnish raw stock and material to Quick Response Center.
* Work from blueprints, engineering and quality documents, established practices, sketches, verbal instructions, fabrication outlines, manufacturing work instructions, and shop practices to determine sequence of operations, method of setup, including holding and aligning work, tolerances, dimensions, and finishes. Prepare shop level sequencing data for water jet machine. Fabricate, assemble, verify to specifications, rework, install parts/assemblies, cut, install insulation, and assemble weld-tooling fixtures.
* Set up the various types and sizes of sheet metal machines, and presses by aligning, shimming, and clamping, positioning, and locating work pieces
* Perform such typical operations as water jetting, punching, deburring, routing, braking, forming, seal/bond, mask, rivet, drill, hand bead, clean & etch, polish, wrap, and protect parts. Perform deep, progressive, and reverse draw operations; shrinking flanges on formers; shearing, beading lightening holes, bending reverse curves and angles, hot forming, hot sizing sheet metal parts, tapering hat sections, and irregular shaped parts which involve multiple, variable, and diagonal bends.
* Pierce various types of flat metal stock and extruded forms; joggles, angle bends, stretches forming extrusions, and formed sheet metal sections. Roll sheet metal parts, plate stock, extrusion, and structural tubing to specified contours and tolerances. Perform bench, finish, assembly, and deburring operations.
* Verify parts with various templates, sample parts, and/or measuring instruments. Check parts for conformance to specified dimensions and tolerances. May operate power or manual moving, lifting, or handling equipment. Use hand and power forming, cutting, drilling equipment, and operate heating ovens. Move parts within the fabrication and assembly departments.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a 'US Person' as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. 'US Person' includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
* Experience setting up and operating various types and sizes of sheet metal machines
* Experience using hand and power tools
* Ability and willingness to work rotating shift
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* Active member of the IAM 725 union
* Currently located in Huntington Beach, CA
* 5+ years of experience Operate CNC breaks
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This is a union represented position.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply Now Save JobRemove from Saved Jobs