Field Service Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Company Summary: Jinan Bodor CNC Machine Co. LTD is a high-tech enterprise gathering R&D, production and marketing of laser equipment at one, the headquarters is located in Jinan high-tech zone. BODOR is a rapidly growing company owning over 1,800 employees. It is also the first listed company in the laser cutting machinery industry of north China. R&D capability and development speed of BODOR laser have become the benchmark of China's high-end mechanical intelligent manufacturing industry. At the beginning of establishment, BODOR set up its R&D center in China and Switzerland. With strong R&D capability, BODOR emerged with unique technical advantages among competitors. Up to now, BODOR sells to more than 150 countries over the world. BODOR always puts technological innovation as core power of company, after years of rapid development, BODOR obtained many intellectual property rights.
BODOR is extensively expanding business worldwide and is looking to hire technical candidates to be part of the sales and marketing team of its U.S. subsidiary, Bodorlaser Inc. The U.S. headquarter is located in Schaumburg, Illinois.
To support customers with Bodorlaser Inc. Responsible for offering technical advice to the customers and after-sales service in the field. Additional responsibilities include installation, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
- Serve as the main point of contact for customers, and provide direct support for laser machines through phone, email, chat and on-site visit.
- Assist personnel and customers with troubleshooting of the laser machine’s mechanical and electrical problems, and take appropriate action to resolve customer issues.
- Track technical issues and incoming requests from customers.
- Manage schedule and follow up with customers in territory to ensure customer is optimizing the use of the lasers.
- Perform mechanical repair on laser machines at customer’s location, and ability to determine if the repair will require special resources or parts.
- Understand layout drawings and blueprints in the installation of equipment.
- Develop and maintain a (replacement) parts list and ensure the parts are in stock by effectively communicating with relevant customers, staff, vendors and manufacturers.
- Identify safety issues on the machines.
- Provide customer trainings.
- Write and compose service reports and expense reports.
- Perform failure mode analyses and make upgrade recommendations.
- Assist with the final integration and commissioning of complex automation projects as needed.
- Assist with heavy mechanical moves, such as loading/unloading of equipment onto trucks as needed.
- Regular travel within assigned territories.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in mechatronic, automation engineering, mechanical/electrical engineering or equivalent with 2+ years’ experience on automated CNC machines.
- Recent experience of installing, repairing and diagnosing problems of automated CNC machines.
- Familiar with engineering software, such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.
- Able to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and test equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and remote communications.
- Proficient at working independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-driven and responsible.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to travel as required (local and domestic).
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechatronic, automation engineering, or electrical engineering from an accredited university.
- 5+ years’ related experience on automated CNC machines.
We offer a comprehensive training program to all our field service technician and a competitive benefits package that includes (waiting period may apply and only full-time employees eligible):
- A competitive hourly wage, plus the opportunity for overtime
- Paid vacation, personal days and public holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurances
- Life insurance and disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
☆If interested in this outstanding opportunity, please submit your resume by responding to this job posting!
Bodorlaser Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We conduct background checks and drug screen, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.