Associate Buyer, Apparel
Employment Type: Full-Time
Bluestem Brands is the parent company to five eCommerce retail brands. We have one mission: to build a dynamic retail enterprise that wins with direct-to-consumer excellence and entrepreneurial-minded employees focused on serving our customers' unique needs. Our leadership is responsive and supportive, empowering those smart and passionate employees who drive our success. We are continually innovating and improving: we take risks, learn from mistakes and celebrate success as a team.
You work hard, and you deserve more than just a paycheck. Bluestem works to do what's right for employees. From the big things (great benefits, employee discounts and incentive plans) to small touches (jeans-every-day dress code), this is the place you'll want to be. And we don't just talk about work-life balance, we try to live it. Join the Bluestem Brands team to make an impact, be inspired and be valued, every day.
We are seeking an Associate Buyer for Drapers & Damon's and located in Irvine, CA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participates in overall merchandising strategy, market research reviews and all product/category analysis of all direct mail, telephone upsells and e-commerce selling vehicles. Works with the lead merchants in developing seasonal assortment plans that are in step with the vision and goals of the brand.
* Responsible for merchandising assigned product categories. Insures that merchandise selected is appropriate to strategy and targets and meets all financial goals.
* Gathers, analyzes and highlights product and pricing trends of direct/retail competitors. Ensures that assigned product categories are priced competitively and offers are relevant in the marketplace and meet company margin goals.
* Analyzes financial statements and makes recommendations to Senior Buyer/Merchandising Director.
* Participates in vendor meetings, negotiates initial costs for assigned product line and works with Senior Buyer/Merchandising Director to determine selling prices.
* Collaborates closely with the Creative Team to ensure that the product vision is carried through; this includes detailed proof reading.
* Prepares for and participates in merchandising sessions for all direct mail and e-commerce sales vehicles. Provides merchandising guidance to e-commerce team to maximize growth for additional channels.
* Communicates daily with internal departments and vendors to resolve product issues.
* BA/BS or equivalent experience
* 2+ years merchandising experience or equivalent
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
* Ability to work in surroundings that are fast paced and ever-changing
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
* Strong math skills desired
* Various database management systems and PLM experience preferred
* Experience with catalog & web channel businesses preferred