Systems Analysis, Consultant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Responsible for liaison between the IT development group and business units for the development and implementation of new systems and enhancement of existing systems by formulating and defining system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. Systems Analyst - Formulates and defines system scope and objectives. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
* Formulates/defines system scope and objectives based on user needs for the highest complexity changes. May also lead other Analysts in this capacity.
* Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and devices to process data.
* Prepares charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and submits recommendations for solution.
* Prepares detailed program specifications and flowcharts, and coordinates system installations with user departments.
* Analyzes all aspects of business unit functions to determine application, integration and optimal use of information systems. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
* 8+ years of systems analysis experience in healthcare.
* Possesses deep technical abilities in Facets, EDI, Informatica
* Deep Knowledge and experience in moving enterprise applications from on premise to cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure and AWS.
* Deep understanding of cloud native technologies such as micro-services, Mongo DB, PaaS, iPaaS and SaaS
* Proficiency in Agile and SAFe including but not limited to Design Thinking, PI Planning, Retrospective and organizing scrum teams.
* Business requirements gathering and liaison with product, project delivery and business teams across the organization
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to interact with Senior Management
* Experience working with large scale projects, preferably in Medi-Cal / Healthcare, following Project Management Life Cycle and various Software Delivery Life Cycle methods.
* Bachelors degree minimum.
* About Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in - Join us!
* Physical Requirements:
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
* EEO Footer: External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.
* Requisition ID: 210018O
* Posting Date: Mar 19, 2021
* Schedule: Full-time