Senior Operations Analyst - Communication Governance
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Senior Marketing Operations Analyst will support the development and implementation of strategic communication programs to improve overall member experience, streamline operational processes, and govern member facing communications to align with company policies and regulatory requirements. Responsibilities include organizing and leading cross-functional teams to establish tasks, roles and responsibilities, and phased criteria that achieve organizational objectives. Driving cross functional teams to high performance execution. Facilitating, documenting, and reporting all operational checkpoint activities throughout the lifecycle of projects. Defining criteria for escalation, prioritization, and set data driven success metrics, opportunities for continuous improvement. Triaging and identify root cause of problems. Assessing and driving resolution for all risks as they are encountered.
The Senior Marketing Operations Analyst will support program design and improvement activities such as, routinely facilitating implementation scoping, exercises across different aspects of communication governance policies, procedures, and compliance maintenance. May deliver presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement, and control. Survey and analyze best practices for techniques and processes. Periodically update relevant business stakeholders of communication governance progress and publish operating status reports. Ensure all phases meet success parameters and ROI targets.
In this role, the Senior Marketing Operations Analyst will assist with support, develop, and documentation of standard and repeatable process and playbook infrastructure. They will support a strong governance policy and dynamic cross-functional process integration to achieve communication transformation objectives and improved operations. The most successful candidates will have strong business acumen, a strategic mindset, deep program management discipline, sharp focus on quality and process improvement, and excellent facilitation skills to drive change. The Senior Marketing Operations Analyst reports to the Director of Communication Governance.
* Works directly with and support the Business Unit leader by providing program management, support of strategic planning and execution, and coordination amongst the team to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
* Responsible for planning and implementation of projects of medium complexity spanning across business areas where analysis requires evaluation of variable factors.
* Serves as Project Manager leading components of special projects and programs.
* Ensures strategic direction of projects are in line and supports strategies for alignment with Business Unit goals and objectives.
* Consults and makes recommendations to direct management on significant issues and influences decision-making.
* Determines key business issues, develops effective action plans, and implements to successful conclusion.
* Assists in facilitating the strategy, design, development, and alignment of the organizational vision.
* Assists building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships. Manages development of presentations and speaking points for presentation, meetings, and project updates.
* Supports the creation and documentation of policies and procedures to integrate marketing workflows, drives broad awareness of programs, and provides training to effectively coach colleague adoption and ensure adherence to review and approval steps.
* Disciplined approach to review and approve and facilitate member facing communications across channels.
* Aligns communications to business objectives and establish reporting to monitor effectiveness of hard and soft KPIs.
* Maintains enterprise communication calendar for tracking all outbound member interactions.
* Tracks all final artifacts, data files, and measurement of KPIs in a central location.
* Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function.
* Has responsibilities for communicating with parties' external to the organization, which may include customers or vendors.
* Works to influence others to gain alignment on new concepts, practices, and approaches.
* Generally, conducts briefings with senior leaders within the job function.
Knowledge and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Health Care Administration, or related disciple required.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing, operations and/or vendor integrations required.
* Experience in Six Sigma Green/Black Belt process improvement or similar methodology discipline required.
* Strong analytical skills and use of data to drive decisions and able to use advanced features of Excel required.
* Strong presentation skills and ability to develop advanced presentation materials using PowerPoint required.
* Track record of human-centered process design in a highly regulated industry desired.
* Project management experience required.
* Health plan experience preferred.
* Bi-lingual preferred.
Critical Skills and Abilities:
* Program management including sequencing execution and monitoring toward compliance.
* Strong ability to consult with all levels including senior management, make recommendations, and influence decision-making.
* Applies critical thinking with a customer-vantage point, optimizing business processes while meeting obligatory regulatory, legal, and legislative requirements.
* A 'can do' attitude and solution-oriented approach when driving solutions.
* About Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in - Join us!
* Physical Requirements:
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
* EEO Footer: External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.
* Requisition ID: 21001HQ
* Posting Date: Apr 30, 2021
* Schedule: Full-time