Senior Manager, Pharmacy Sales Strategy & Performance
Employment Type: Full-Time
Blue Shield of California (BSC) is looking for a Senior Manager for our Pharmacy Sales/Accounts & Market Experience Team. The Senior Manager will support the growth and retention of commercial group pharmacy sales by leading a team dedicated to support sales strategy and to further enhance the portfolio of pharmacy offerings available to existing and prospective clients. The Senior Manager will support processes for custom client requirements, drive strategic pharmacy initiatives that align to market needs, and focus on strategies to improve competitive pricing and performance. Senior Manager will collaborate closely with the Pharmacy Market Experience team to bring new services, capabilities, and an improved experience to market through cohesive campaigns and training.
Reporting directly to the Director, Pharmacy Sales/Accounts & Market Experience, the Senior Manager may be based in our Oakland, Woodland Hills, Rancho Cordova offices, or may telecommute. Due to COVID-19 impact and current guidelines, the Senior Manager will onboard and work remotely until Blue Shield resumes work in its office, no earlier than mid-2021.
The purpose of the Pharmacy Sales/Accounts & Market Experience team is to drive pharmacy sales and account strategy to support pharmacy sales and membership retention and deliver a cohesive end to end market experience.
Key accountabilities of the team include
* Serve as a liaison to the sales and account management teams to provide consultative support, training tools and presentations on pharmacy product offerings and value proposition for prospective and existing clients.
* Strategize and execute on pharmacy request for proposal (RFP) submission including pharmacy product customizations, pricing and guarantee development, and implementation planning.
* Lead the development and maintenance of integrated pharmacy value story to support membership growth and retention.
* Support and advise on client customizations for benefit design, network management, and clinical programs for both fully insured and self-funded clients.
* Work cross functionally with other pharmacy teams to manage and resolve client issues, respond to day to day client inquiries and ensure client contract guarantees and deliverables are met.
* Support Cost of Health Care (COHC) strategy development and drive pharmacy product adoption and implementation in the employer group market.
* Partner with business unit teams to develop pharmacy strategies that align with business unit growth and profitability objectives.
* Provide marketplace intelligence and client feedback to internal pharmacy teams to influence product and COHC strategy development.
* Develop and maintain pharmacy value messaging and market experience for external and internal stakeholders.
* Seasoned in pharmacy benefit management sales with comprehensive understanding of health plan and PBM competitive landscape, operations and marketing tactics required.
* Works independently and collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams with minimal oversight and direction from their manager.
* Possesses excellent presentation, verbal and written skills with ability to understand and convey complex ideas to audience with diverse backgrounds.
* Robust sense of ownership, accountability, and responsibility.
* Strong desire to optimize the individual member and client experience.
The Senior Manager will support the growth and retention of commercial group pharmacy sales by leading a team dedicated to support sales strategy and to further enhance the portfolio of pharmacy offerings available to existing and prospective clients. The Senior Manager will support processes for custom client requirements, drive strategic pharmacy initiatives that align to market needs, and focus on strategies to improve competitive pricing and performance. Senior Manager will collaborate closely with the Pharmacy Market Experience team to bring new services, capabilities, and an improved experience to market through cohesive campaigns and training.
* Lead a team to create and deliver on commercial pharmacy sales strategies that meet or exceed business targets, with an exceptional ability to critically assess and strategize solutions at depth in the areas of product, operations, and clinical programs.
* Understand and be able to effectively communicate the primary services and functions of Blue Shield's pharmacy management to all stakeholders, and deliver a cohesive and persuasive client sales pitch and educate on the value of Blue Shield pharmacy benefit management and its broader integration with medical benefit management.
* Support team to strategically assess and complete request for proposals (RFP) for pharmacy benefit management with coordination of pharmacy SMEs, business acquisition, underwriting, and sales teams.
* Develop an operating model that efficiently evaluates custom client requests for pharmacy benefit administration, documents business requirements, drives implementation with internal stakeholders and vendors as required, and validates expected performance upon go-live.
* Develop a self-funded service menu that utilizes financial pricing models and related sales tools to present business and clinical options to clients illustrating the advantages of Blue Shield's benefit strategies and pharmacy programs.
* Collaborate with Underwriting and other Blue Shield teams to leverage sustainable pricing models and operationalize self-funded service offerings to meet the competitive industry landscape and grow market membership.
* Works with Sales, Pharmacy Market Experience and Pharmacy Product teams to create overall go-to market plans for new product launches including development of marketing collaterals, distribution for sales training, and active promotion to stakeholders.
* Monitor client performance of financial, service, and clinical guarantees as applicable including annual contract reconciliations, and provide client reporting and feedback to internal account management.
* Actively assess commerical group pharmacy trends and intel of other health plan and PBM competitors, brings new and creative sales strategies/tactics with unique to Blue Shield messaging, and maximizes growthopporutnity and leads.
* Participates on and/or leads large cross-functional and project teams developing and implementing new commercial group pharmacy strategies, processes, and tools. Work with sales to effectively negotiate priorities and balance team workload.
* Manages and leads team to support Great Place To Work and develop high performing team. Proactively seeks to optimize team structure, and balance workload as required.
Knowledge, Experience and Education
* Requires a BA/BS in business, marketing or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Typically, requires a college degree or equivalent experience and minimum 10-years sales experience, including 4 years of management or equivalent experience.
* Commercial group PBM sales experience, and experience in pharmacy sales/account management and operations in a health plan highly preferred.
* In-depth knowledge of pharmacy benefit operations, product management, and financial contract terms preferred.
* Demonstrated leadership ability to lead direct reports and/or facilitate major cross-functional sales, product, or marketing teams. Experience in managing through conflict and demonstrates ability to influence peers to work collaboratively.
* Proven ability to work collaboratively and cultivate relationships with brokers, third party administrators, and consultants. Strong consultative selling and negotiation skills.
* Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communications (verbal, written & presentation) skills. Ability to adapt communication style to audience. Ability to influence senior management, key stakeholders, decision makers and peers.
* Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects, and tactics within an area.
* Must function extremely well in a face-paced environment and adapt quickly to change. Ability to multitask with multiple deadlines and/or milestone requirements.
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills with ability to use advance features of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
* Adapts well to change, challenging situations and build trust with others.
* Exhibits a 'can do' attitude and solution-oriented approach to resolve challenges
* Able to work independently with minimum direction or supervision.
* Must be able to travel (10-20%).
* About Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in - Join us!
* Physical Requirements:
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
* EEO Footer: External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.
* Requisition ID: 210016E
* Posting Date: Feb 9, 2021
* Schedule: Full-time