Principal, Communications Transformation Program Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Blue Shield of California is looking for a Principal Program Manager to join our Communications Transformation program, an enterprise wide effort to transform our customer interactions from siloed paper and fax-based communications to integrated personalized digital first engagement. Our goals include delivering on improved customer experience and satisfaction metrics, process efficiencies and cost savings and health quality outcomes. In addition, the program seeks to transform and modernize the way we operate and work, not just within our own company but with our external partners and stakeholders too.
* Serve as member of a small nimble team to execute the Communication Transformation strategy and roadmap including the implementation of our company wide Digital First vision.
* Develops strategies and plans for an end-to-end member experience while finding opportunities to achieve administrative savings through people, process, and technology changes.
* Ensures strategic direction of projects is in line with the Company and process transformation goals and objectives.
* Management of communication transformation workstreams (includes risk, issue, and dependency management) and communicating status to Owner/Driver and the Transformation program.
* Leads critical projects and initiatives that require cross team or business unit oversight as assigned. Ensures we are on-time and within budget.
* Collaborate with finance on program budget and benefits realization to assess return on investment and to track benefit realization.
* Leads team engagement across all cross-functional communication transformation workstreams.
* Responsible for helping define scope and shepherd through developing initial ROI.
* Identifies and solutions cross-functional communication challenges and opportunities as it pertains to members, providers, and brokers, in partnership with business partners, workstream leads and the business and process improvement team.
* Attends meetings with the Communication Transformation Owner and Driver for executive briefing, decision making, and escalation.
* Support the Program Driver in the development of all communication and deliverables.
Knowledge and Experience
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment and with proven success at rapidly completing high priority and/or highly sensitive projects.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral at the executive and management levels.
* Ability to have difficult conversations and mediate difficult negotiations.
* Excellent data, insights, and analytical skills.
* Ability to navigate and thrive in a large matrixed corporate environment and drive results through influencing teams at all levels and across the organization to build commitment.
* Minimum of 10 years of cross-functional, cross-disciplinary program management and business analysis experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Highly organized and takes a strategic approach to managing complicated cross functional roadmaps.
* Experience in managing highly visible, complex, cross-functional programs or projects in a fast-paced environment.
* Demonstrated strengths at thriving in highly ambiguous and evolving environments.
* Subject matter expert in sophisticated, best-practices organizational development, process improvement or project management processes.
* End to End Design and/or Marketing Operations Experience a plus.
* About Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in - Join us!
* Physical Requirements:
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
* EEO Footer: External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.
* Requisition ID: 2100180
* Posting Date: Feb 18, 2021
* Schedule: Full-time