Business Analyst, Senior
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Senior Business Analyst in Business Configuration will be responsible for maintaining Desk Level Procedures as well as training documentation for the department. The Senior Business Analyst will also assist in process improvement activities such as process mapping and process documentation for recommendations of improvement to management. The Business Configuration department works closely with the business and IT to ensure the Facets and other configurable applications are working to their optimal performance.
* Responsible for business consulting services, including process review.
* Provides analytical support through the analysis and interpretation of data in support of cross-functional business operations.
* Identifies opportunities for improvements and works cross-functionally to develop business solutions.
* Provides analytical support to multiple projects, establishing project plans and timelines and coordinating on projects with internal and external resources.
* Makes presentations to various levels of management, depending on the level.
* Coordinates with department SMEs and co-facilitates training sessions on core applications.
* Provides complex analytical support through the analysis and interpretation of data in support of cross-functional business operations.
* Maintains websites, SharePoint, and other documentation repositories.
* Develops, prepares and analyzes reports with complex analysis and data for management review, and presents to various levels of management.
* Defines and consolidates requirements from various stakeholders and provides analysis to increase operational efficiency.
* Analyzes actual results against plan and forecast and recommends interventions where appropriate.
* Identifies opportunities for improvement in operational performance and notifies management of issues and problems requiring immediate attention.
* Works cross-functionally in analyzing, designing, and developing business solutions.
* Provides analytical support for multiple, complex cross-functional projects simultaneously, establishes work plans and timelines; coordinates with internal and external resources.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Typically, requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience
* May have practical knowledge of project management
* Typically, requires a college degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience
* Experience with process mapping tools
* Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite preferred
* Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
* About Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in - Join us!
* Physical Requirements:
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
* EEO Footer: External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.
* Requisition ID: 210012C
* Posting Date: Feb 2, 2021
* Schedule: Full-time