Learning & Organizational Development Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Holds a key responsibility to develop and implement organizational solutions that continually develop the capability of our team members. Fosters an engaged and committed work environment and increases organizational performance. Partners with business units to diagnose performance issues and learning needs. Identifies appropriate solutions and develops learning frameworks to facilitate achievement of business unit's goals. Selects and utilizes appropriate training solutions including designing and developing learning programs, assessing learning transfer, and facilitating programs. Performs the full range of responsibilities for the learning and development function from strategy implementation to course development and reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Works in close partnership with the Senior Manager of Organizational Capabilities to design and deliver leadership development programs from frontline leader to strategic leader.
* Monitors, measures, and evaluates the effectiveness of learning programs to ensure objectives continuously meet business needs and promote organizational efficiency and manager effectiveness.
* Implements strategies and creates metrics to track and communicate training status updates and business impact.
* Manages the Frontline Leader program implementation and delivery; update content as needed to continuously improve the program.
* Assess need for Emerging Leader Program; complete a job/task analysis. Use data to create learning program to build internal bench strength for next level supervisory role.
* Enhance new employee onboarding by creating micro e-learning modules.
* Manages Workday Learning (WDL); enhances the effectiveness of the system and increases user adoption; provides insight into monthly and bi-annual system upgrades and perform system testing. Understands learning compliance campaigns and trains Workday Learning Partners to administer campaigns for their departments.
* Provides insights on client learning and/or capability needs across business units and support partners in evolving toolkits, methodologies, and templates in key practice areas.
* Provides vision and leadership in the integration of instructional technologies for training and development activities across the company.
* Initiates coaching and mentoring programs across the organization to improve engagement and retention of talent.
* Manages the life cycle of programs from development to implementation including needs assessments, content development, program evaluation, post-course support plans, and vendor management.
* Applies change management frameworks (ADKAR) to assess readiness for change, create change champions and increase adoption of new programs and processes.
* Partners with HR and business leaders to support development needs and ensures consistency of training policies and procedures.
* This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Education, HR, OD, Psychology, or similar related discipline.
* Seven (7) years of progressive experience as a learning & development practitioner.
* Certified Performance Technologist (CPT), Certified Professional in Learning & Performance (CPLP) Certification or equivalent preferred.
* Knowledge of training and organizational development theories, instructional design models, such as ADDIE and e-learning standards (e.g. SCORM and AICC).
* Performance consulting skills to move people toward common goals and achieve business results.
* Demonstrated experience designing and developing training programs (instructor-led, eLearning) following ISD methodology; manage and continuously improve curricula.
* Demonstrated experience facilitating training by communicating effectively through active listening, direct communication and feedback, and maintaining appropriate balance between providing content and allowing learners to practice.
* Demonstrated experience analyzing training needs, identifying performance gaps and root causes, and recommending solutions to achieve desired performance outcomes.
* Proven project management skills and the ability to facilitate organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects.
* Experience applying change management methodology (ADKAR) and consulting with teams on the change process.
* Experience working autonomously within teams and as a liaison to internal and external clients.
* Experience coordinating learning and development activities throughout the organization; perform training administrative tasks in a Learning Management System (LMS).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
* Proven track record of building and implementing high quality development strategies and solutions, working across organizational boundaries where needed.
* Demonstrated instructional designs skills with experience in developing instructor-led and eLearning courseware; ability to author e-learning content using tools such as Adobe Presenter or Storyline.
* Experience consulting with clients to determine needs, perceived roadblocks, business unit culture, and work environment issues.
* Skilled in developing a holistic view of performance problems, identify root causes, and suggest appropriate solutions.
* Experience communicating effectively with all levels.
* High degree of personal and professional credibility, including responsiveness, business focus, integrity, sound judgment, and ability to prioritize effectively across competing demands.
Office environment demands include frequent speaking both in person and over the phone; writing, reading files, reports and PC screen. Prolonged sitting at computer terminal. Regular vision concentration for reading and checking reports, forms and data entry.
Work is conducted in a corporate office setting in Sacramento. Willingness to travel between BDG's three (3) manufacturing locations as required by projects and/or training delivery.
Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
Bachelors (Required), GED, High School/GED
Other Job Details:
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People!
Blue Diamond Growers (BDG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. BDG provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information. BDG also complies with all provisions of the U.S. Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.