Capital Projects Portfolio Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Guide, partner with, and support Blue Diamond leadership and Project Management teams to ensure alignment of capital budgets, project resources, schedule, and execution of capital investments against Blue Diamond Growers Capital Strategic Plan. Partner closely with Finance to ensure all capital projects are aligned to the 5-year capital strategic plan and facilitate stakeholder interaction and prioritization to remedy issues when misaligned. Track, monitor, and report on projects in-flight through all phases of the project management lifecycle (initiation, planning, design, execution, commissioning, and hand over). Execute capital projects as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Provide leadership, organization and coordination to support key activities such as strategic capital planning, project management and governance.
* Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
* Define project tasks and resource requirements, develop full scale project plans, assemble and coordinate project staff, manage project budget, manage project resource allocation, and plan and schedule project timelines.
* Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
* Provide direction and support to project teams and monitor and report on progress of projects to all stakeholders.
* Create reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
* Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
* Facilitate capital budgeting planning processes to ensure alignment between strategic business objectives, supporting site goals, and 5-year capital strategic plan.
* Track spend against plan and report discrepancies through operational and executive reporting, including cashflow projections and budgeting (plan and tracking)
* Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to project status. Ensure capital is requested and portfolio projects are funded.
* Work with and coach BDG staff and project managers company-wide to improve project management, stakeholder engagement, delivery approaches, communications and reporting, and, risk management. Liaison with internal cross-functional teams as well as contractors (Finance, GID, NAC, Quality, IT, Legal, Innovation, HR, etc.).
* Ensure portfolio stakeholders and management are kept appropriately informed of project status and that there is sufficient record of meetings and decision-making.
* Ensure business case development and documentation support board-readiness for projects exceeding 1MM. Prepare board-ready presentations for Project/Site Directors presentations.
* Work with cross functional stakeholders to define, measure, and analyze financial, capacity, and other business data to develop project solutions to meet business needs
* Provide on-going updates to Sr. Management and Board of Director. Work closely with individual Plants to integrate all new project systems and develop new technology transfer plans.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Engineering
* 7 years of project and capital projects portfolio management experience.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
* Good organization, communication, analytical and project management skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
* Demonstrated experience with large-scale capital equipment projects; working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems; SAP is preferred.
* Strong software skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
* Detail oriented
* Strong organizational skills
* Disciplined work ethic
* Great attitude and energy
* Flexible work schedule (OT sometimes necessary)
* Excellent communication skills (email, phone, person-to-person)
* Ability to multi-task/work with multiple managers
* Must be able to physically move throughout the facility, including climbing multiple flights of stairs, ladders, elevated catwalks and tight access areas. Able to sit/work at a desk for extended periods of time doing things such as analytical work or reports, which requires focus, while utilizing a computer.
* Most work is performed in an office setting. Must be able to travel to various processing facilities including periodic overnight travel. Work may require moving through project sites with exposure to dust, high noise levels and other conditions typical of industrial settings. Typical conditions may include prolonged sitting, standing and walking. Must be able to work flexible hours as required.
Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
Other Job Details:
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People!
Blue Diamond Growers (BDG) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. BDG provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information. BDG also complies with all provisions of the U.S. Government's Executive Order 11246 dated September 24, 1965 and the rules, regulations and relevant orders of the Secretary of Labor.