Employment Type: Full-Time
About Blue Apron
Headquartered in NYC with fulfillment centers in New Jersey, California and Texas, Blue Apron's mission is to make incredible home cooking accessible to everyone-from the novice cook just getting started to the experienced chef. With over 300 employees at our corporate headquarters and just over 5,000 at our fulfillment centers, we send millions of meals to customers with all the pre-measured and perfectly proportioned ingredients they need to prepare delicious and healthy meals at home. We introduce our members to new ingredients, flavors, and cooking techniques with seasonally-inspired recipes that are always delicious, fun and easy to prepare. We make fresher, healthier food available at better prices by rethinking the grocery supply chain from the table all the way back to the farm.
About the role
We're looking for Sanitation Associates in our Fulfillment Center to maintain building and equipment in a proper sanitation condition, under the direction of the Sanitation Manager, Supervisor or Lead/Specialist. This position will be located in our Richmond facility.
Food Safety Responsibilities
* Must protect product from contaminations while completing assigned tasks.
* Ensure cleaning is done correctly.
* Inspect equipment before and after cleaning for any possible contamination.
* Report any acts or conditions that may place our product at risk.
* Responsible for learning safety rules.
* Responsible for following safety rules.
* Ensuring that technicians follow safety rules.
* Follow LOTO Procedures when necessary.
* All other duties as assigned.
* No specific academic level required; Able to read & write
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions accurately
* The employee must demonstrate excellent safety work habits at all time.
* The employee must work harmoniously with other employees as a team effort.
* Experience in a food-manufacturing environment preferred
* Mechanical aptitude with the capability to learn and follow instructions for disassembly and re-assemble of food processing equipment.
* Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds repetitively with or without reasonable accommodation
* Must be able to handle exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing (coolers, freezers, etc.) with or without reasonable accommodation
* Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation
* Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.